Question Why is this happening?

Jacob Deb

Prominent
Oct 13, 2021
1HBpuO1.jpg

It's a new monitor, and this happened a few times after the screen turns off (because of windows settings) and then turns on when I move the mouse.
Sometimes it glitches when it turns back on and this is the screen I am getting , I have to turn the monitor off and on to get it back to normal.
Anyone knows why this happens?

I've had similar issues (but not as visually severe as this) at work, and it later turned out being the hdmi cable was poor, especially if using a displayport-hdmi adapter.

Or, it could also be faulty GPU.

I recommend testing the monitor on another computer for a while to try to figure if the problem may be the cable or monitor itself (cheapest option).
after that - if you cannot replicate the problem then second cheapest option - replace the monitor cable and see if that solve the issue.

If possible - loan a monitor+cable in known good condition. If problem still arise, then the GPU are most likely defective.

New monitor you say? This mean if you replace back to the old one, the problem goes away ?

Jacob Deb

Prominent
Oct 13, 2021
I've had similar issues (but not as visually severe as this) at work, and it later turned out being the hdmi cable was poor, especially if using a displayport-hdmi adapter.

Or, it could also be faulty GPU.

I recommend testing the monitor on another computer for a while to try to figure if the problem may be the cable or monitor itself (cheapest option).
after that - if you cannot replicate the problem then second cheapest option - replace the monitor cable and see if that solve the issue.

If possible - loan a monitor+cable in known good condition. If problem still arise, then the GPU are most likely defective.

New monitor you say? This mean if you replace back to the old one, the problem goes away ?
Yes, I have an RTX 3080 and I've never had this issue before and it is not faulty, never had issue with it and even New World did not brick it ;) , I use 2 monitors and this is the only one it happens on, it could be the HDMI cable, I am using a new HDMI 2.1 without adapter.
Currently the main suspect is the HDMI cable as I ordered it after seeing some people saying online that this brand's products had issues (Club3D HDMI 2.1 4k 144hz)
I am also "avoiding" this issue by changing the windows settings so it does not turn off after 15 minutes, and instead will go to sleep after an hour of inactivity, so far haven't had this issue.
But if it persists , I will change the HDMI to a DP / Other HDMI just to see if it is actually the cable's fault.