Question Why isn't BIOS Booting?

Jun 5, 2020
I Just built a new computer and for some reason, I'm not getting any Display or Beep sound on boot up. I can't access BIOS.

What I'm running:
Gigabyte B450 m
Gigabyte RTX 2070
AMD Ryzden 9 3900x
Corsair Vengeance 2x16gb 3200
Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler
Samsung 860 SSD 1TB
SeaGate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB

Gamdias KRATOS M-1 750w (temporary since all PSU's are back-ordered everywhere)
In the manual for the Motherboard, it doesn't state that it's compatible with 3200 RAM, but the motherboard is compatible with the processor which only runs 3200, I read that I just need to overclock to get my RAM at 3200 or at least enable XMP. But I can't even access BIOS.
I tried running with the fans disconnected and disconnecting the Graphics card and nothing changed.

Everything lights up and all the fans run, even my keyboard is getting power.

Gigabytes Technical Support is Conveniently closed till Monday.
Any Ideas????

No, the box doesn't specify anything about the Ram

This is not about the RAM. It's about the CPU.

A B450 motherboard needs a BIOS update to support that CPU. If the motherboard is a B450 MAX it will support that CPU out of the box. If your motherboard does not have a sticker on the box that says "Ryzen 3000 series ready" your motherboard needs a BIOS update for your CPU to work.

The only way you can make that 3900X work right now is if you:

- Bring the PC to a store and ask them to update your motherboard BIOS. They will install an older CPU supported by that board and flash the BIOS for you.

- Buy an older CPU that works with that board out of the box and flash your BIOS and then install the 3900X.

- Lend a CPU kit from AMD that you return after you use it - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Reactions: kurdtnz and IagoNO
Jun 5, 2020
This is not about the RAM. It's about the CPU.

A B450 motherboard needs a BIOS update to support that CPU. If the motherboard is a B450 MAX it will support that CPU out of the box. If your motherboard does not have a sticker on the box that says "Ryzen 3000 series ready" your motherboard needs a BIOS update for your CPU to work.

The only way you can make that 3900X work right now is if you:

- Bring the PC to a store and ask them to update your motherboard BIOS. They will install an older CPU supported by that board and flash the BIOS for you.

- Buy an older CPU that works with that board out of the box and flash your BIOS and then install the 3900X.

- Lend a CPU kit from AMD that you return after you use it - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Thank you!
I will go to a store and have the, update my BIOS and be done with it. Very much appreciated!

Reactions: Pickachu
Jun 5, 2020
So a friend of mine lent me a 1st Gen AMD proccesor and I was able to install BIOS and it installed the latest version so that's good to go!

My issue now is RAM speed. I have DDR4 3200, but it's running at 2133.
Everytime I try to enable XMP it just crashes the BIOS and I have to reset it.
Everywhere I see online is telling me to Manually overclock the ram to find a mid point between 2133 and 3200 is this what I need to do and also how do I go about overclocking my RAM?