Question Why isn't FastSync working anymore ?

Algalorrd

Reputable
May 30, 2019
So here's the drama: I own a RTX 2070 and a Freesync 75hz monitor.
I've always used gsync on this freesync monitor + FastSync + RTSS and all the games I play (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), Battlefield V, Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption 2, Dota 2 and CS:GO) worked perfectly without any sort of input lag or screen tearing whatsoever.
That lasted until the 451.77 nvidia driver that was released on july 16. Since then that setup was no longer working and I started getting these weird screen tearings at the down bottom of the screen which only dissapear if I turn on the vsync inside the game or on NVCP (which was set to FastSync). This "solution" creates a lot of input lag and inpacts performance.
I've tested all the GeForce Game Ready Drivers released since 451.77 and the problem persists but when I go back to the 451.67 driver which is the last driver before the 451.77, everything works perfectly again.

Does anyone knows what can be done to fix this? Will I be stuck on the 451.67 driver forever?
I've also reported this issue on the Nvidia official forums but no one ever replied. 😕