[SOLVED] Why isn't my monitor receiving input?

Dec 26, 2019
I have built a new computer with all completely new parts. When i start up the PC it seems to all be working well on the inside, fans running and LED lights on. However, when I try to get it to connect to my monitor it says "NO SIGNAL".
I have tried many "fixes" for this. First, the cables and monitors are fine because they were used on my last PC and worked perfectly. Secondly I have attempted to use both a Display Port cable and an HDMI cable. On top of that I have attempted to plug both of these cords in both my CPU and GPU. I have also attempted to boot with one stick of RAM. I have booted with my SSD removed. I have removed my GPU and firmly replaced it into its slot. I have moved the GPU into a second available slot.
None of these have helped.
I have a RTX 2080 ti and an Asus Prime Z390-A. Please help.

Solution
The cooler is totally good, it's exactly how it should be. Dunno why @boju would need me lol, ya'll are doin great so far.

What I'm not seeing is some leds lighted on the mobo, there's 4 of them right above the main power connection. This generally means the cpu isn't getting power, so you aren't actually going into boot process, so you won't get any signal.

What I'd like you to check is the connections. The main power can be a pain to seat fully, especially on a new motherboard, but it'll handle a good push.

The other power is the EPS in the very top left corner. Make sure that's actually the EPS/CPU/ATX12v 4+4 connectors and not the 6+2 PCIE, and see if it's seated fully. Might have to pick the board up and get a good grip...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not to ask a silly question, but you are sure that whichever output the gpu is using, is also the same input on the monitor? Be surprised how many ppl forget to change inputs, or change from dp output to hdmi input and use dp as the input instead, which leaves a 'no signal' on the monitor.

This also affects when swapping to the igpu, you are using the gpu to supply the monitor, not the motherboard ports?

Dec 26, 2019
Not to ask a silly question, but you are sure that whichever output the gpu is using, is also the same input on the monitor? Be surprised how many ppl forget to change inputs, or change from dp output to hdmi input and use dp as the input instead, which leaves a 'no signal' on the monitor.

This also affects when swapping to the igpu, you are using the gpu to supply the monitor, not the motherboard ports?
Yeah I make sure to switch the input as I test each cable, both HDMI and DP.

Dec 26, 2019
I got trolled by an analog/digital button on an older DVI-D/VGA monitor i didn't even know was there despite there being input selections in the monitor menu 😝.

Have you given maybe a TV a shot?
I will as soon as I can, I would need to get my hands on those but I believe I can do so. Will probably take about ~30minutes.

Dec 26, 2019
I got trolled by an analog/digital button on an older DVI-D/VGA monitor i didn't even know was there despite there being input selections in the monitor menu 😝.

Have you given maybe a TV a shot?
Welp I got the cord and monitor to realize that there is no place to plug in a DVI or VGA to either the GPU or Motherboard.

Dec 26, 2019

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What about standoffs under the board, they all match up to the screw holes? Not one went rogue touching the board? I know what im asking is annoying lol because the board would have to be taken out but can test the board outside the case as another troubleshooting step.