Question why isnt my ram working

Dec 5, 2021
i recently bought 2x8 gb CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 ram
and i have Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) GPU 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
X99S SLI PLUS motherboard and they are not taking the ram
i know i put the ram in correctly too

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"they are not taking the ram "

Explain: what error messages, pop-up windows, etc. are appearing when RAM is not taken?

Where was the RAM purchased?

Do you have the applicable motherboard's User Guide/Manual to confirm that both the purchased RAM and physical installation is indeed correct?

For example: some motherboards now require that the first physically installed RAM module needs to be installed in a specific RAM slot.

Dec 5, 2021
This:

"they are not taking the ram "

Explain: what error messages, pop-up windows, etc. are appearing when RAM is not taken?

Where was the RAM purchased?

Do you have the applicable motherboard's User Guide/Manual to confirm that both the purchased RAM and physical installation is indeed correct?

For example: some motherboards now require that the first physically installed RAM module needs to be installed in a specific RAM slot.
my screen wont turn on in general because it turns on whenever it boots up but it didnt turn on this time and didnt even let me go into bios settings and whenever i put in the old ram the computer would turn on the screen as usual