[SOLVED] Why isn't the QLED flashing if the system fails?

Argon27

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
Recently upgraded to a MSI 2080 and used an admittedly shady PSU (Kentek). Was working fine for roughly two days with high stress and multiple tests, so I was pretty happy.

Roughly an hour ago my PC just turns off while playing Civ VI. I run through a surge protector and other stuff plugged into the outlet was working fine, so I'm pretty confident it wasn't a power outage. I turned off the PC, unplugged, waited a bit, checked temps (GPU seemed hot but nothing out of the ordinary), and everything seemed fine. Went to turn it on... nothing.

Well, crap. RGB on the GPU is on, but thats it. The motherboards Qled isn't showing anything, so I don't know where to start. I'm assuming the PSU bricked, but if that happened, how is the GPU's RGB on?

I checked out the list below, but given that my PC has been working for a while most of it was moot. Regardless, tried everything except Step 21 due to worry I'll mess it up even further somehow.

I'll be heading to best buy or something soon to get a new PSU to plug in, but until then, I'm open for suggestions. I'm mostly worried about if the motherboard broke or something.

Last edited:

Argon27

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
Qled displays POST codes so the motherboard would actually need to be starting to POST to show anything.

Crap. I'm assuming it's bricked then. Thank you for your help.

Good luck as BestBuy, my store doesn't have anything but a 450w insignia.

Yeah, mine had literally nothing in store. The same went for Target, Walmart, and a few local stores. The only reasonable one I could find online was an EVGA 750w refurbished for like $100, and even it wouldn't arrive for up to two weeks.