Why it is not possible to trade P.C. games?

Solution
CD Keys lock the game to a specific account. As a result, PC games have ZERO resell value, since you are technically just purchasing a CD key and a license to use the software. Once the CD key gets used up, there's no value.

hms8

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

What is the problem to sell the cd key or trade it? :D

cd keys can be re-used if you were to install the game on a different computer.

the day that this was not true is the day that i stop buying games.

of course this does not include games which use steam. i refuse to buy from steam because i refuse to have games locked to a single account.

while i think they have some legalese preventing you from selling the game i've given away old games i dont play anymore and they work fine on other systems.

according to devs its to prevent piracy but since people can pirate regardless of the safegaurds in place it only hurts legitimate users. as far as why pc game trading isnt a market its because of greed since they can force customers to buy software from them instead of on the preowned market where they get nothing. this is why the playstation4 was not going to allow for pre-owned games until a massive outcry from potential customers.

honestly most games arent worth $30 let alone $60 since they are a complete rehash anyways and tack on $30-60 of dlc so i can see why you want a pre-owned market!

TRENDING THREADS