Question Why low CPU usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall, I just started playing rdr2 and tried the game on ultra-high settings to test FPS and noticed that my CPU is 1%
I've faced the same exact issue with The Witcher 3 next gen, CPU setting at 1~5%
Is that even possible?

Sapphire Rx580 4GB, R5 5600, 16gb 3200mhz, 550W

View: https://imgur.com/a/oDkaTjk

Thank you!
Are your motherboard drivers installed? Cause that's the main issue 90% of people have in this situation they built a computer and didn't realize windows doesn't have all the drivers in the world you have to do some of the install process on your own

GekYume

Reputable
May 28, 2019
Are your motherboard drivers installed? Cause that's the main issue 90% of people have in this situation they built a computer and didn't realize windows doesn't have all the drivers in the world you have to do some of the install process on your own
Well it's a brand new rig, I installed the gpu dirver, chipset driver from AMD's website and updated the bios and that's about it

Hey yall, I just started playing rdr2 and tried the game on ultra-high settings to test FPS and noticed that my CPU is 1%
I've faced the same exact issue with The Witcher 3 next gen, CPU setting at 1~5%
Is that even possible?

Sapphire Rx580 4GB, R5 5600, 16gb 3200mhz, 550W

View: https://imgur.com/a/oDkaTjk

Thank you!
What are the power settings on the PC set to? Balanced eco or performance

Well the CPU works fine in blender, just seeing weird numbers in games + sometimes task manager shows more % than fpsmonitor or radeon
Task manager is trash now, from my understanding they screwed it up so much it no longer gives the right values for things that's it's reading.... An other words people have been reporting 100% CPU usage through task manager and only 30% usage through Ryzen master or Intel's CPU monitoring device.. sorry don't know much about Intel hate them they maybe better the amd in a lot of ways but they deffently charge prices like their god or something.... As for the CPU still being good yes I don't doubt the CPU is fully functional... It's the gpu I'm questioning... Blender test and things like benchmark as well don't take into account a fried gpu chip they most of the time won't even know unless it's so bad it causes crashes or systems failures...

GekYume

Reputable
May 28, 2019
Task manager is trash now, from my understanding they screwed it up so much it no longer gives the right values for things that's it's reading.... An other words people have been reporting 100% CPU usage through task manager and only 30% usage through Ryzen master or Intel's CPU monitoring device.. sorry don't know much about Intel hate them they maybe better the amd in a lot of ways but they deffently charge prices like their god or something.... As for the CPU still being good yes I don't doubt the CPU is fully functional... It's the gpu I'm questioning... Blender test and things like benchmark as well don't take into account a fried gpu chip they most of the time won't even know unless it's so bad it causes crashes or systems failures...
Can the GPU chip cause problems for the CPU usage? GPU doesn't look fried and is working as it should though.

Status
Not open for further replies.