Why Messenger won't start

I reinstalled Windows Messenger, thru ADD/REMOVE Windows Components, but when
I click on msmsgs.exe, nothing happen. I did reboot and the same, How can I
get it back. MSN MESSENGER, every time I want to see my messages on my
Hotmail Account, the computer stop responding. Any help will be appreciated
--
Don

Greetings Donaldo,

You can't reinstall it from Add/Remove Components, this merely adds the icons back.

You can reinstall Windows Messenger from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I reinstalled Windows Messenger, thru ADD/REMOVE Windows Components, but when
> I click on msmsgs.exe, nothing happen. I did reboot and the same, How can I
> get it back. MSN MESSENGER, every time I want to see my messages on my
> Hotmail Account, the computer stop responding. Any help will be appreciated
> --
> Don

Thanks, Jonathan. I was able to install it, from the link you gave me.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Donaldo,
>
> You can't reinstall it from Add/Remove Components, this merely adds the icons back.
>
> You can reinstall Windows Messenger from here:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I reinstalled Windows Messenger, thru ADD/REMOVE Windows Components, but when
> > I click on msmsgs.exe, nothing happen. I did reboot and the same, How can I
> > get it back. MSN MESSENGER, every time I want to see my messages on my
> > Hotmail Account, the computer stop responding. Any help will be appreciated
> > --
> > Don

Hi,

Great =)

> Thanks, Jonathan. I was able to install it, from the link you gave me.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings Donaldo,
>>
>> You can't reinstall it from Add/Remove Components, this merely adds the icons back.
>>
>> You can reinstall Windows Messenger from here:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I reinstalled Windows Messenger, thru ADD/REMOVE Windows Components, but when
>> > I click on msmsgs.exe, nothing happen. I did reboot and the same, How can I
>> > get it back. MSN MESSENGER, every time I want to see my messages on my
>> > Hotmail Account, the computer stop responding. Any help will be appreciated
>> > --
>> > Don

Jonathan: I was able to reinstall windows messenger, but now when I click on
the Icon or the msmsgs.exe file, nothing happen. Please help me one more
time. Thanks.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Great =)
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Jonathan. I was able to install it, from the link you gave me.
> >
> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings Donaldo,
> >>
> >> You can't reinstall it from Add/Remove Components, this merely adds the icons back.
> >>
> >> You can reinstall Windows Messenger from here:
> >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
> >> ____________________________________________
> >> Jonathan Kay
> >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> >> Associate Expert
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> >> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> >> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >>
> >> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Donaldo,

It sounds like Windows Messenger may just have been disabled. To correct this, download and
run these .reg files in the affected account:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
After running these, reboot and then try opening Windows Messenger again.

> Jonathan: I was able to reinstall windows messenger, but now when I click on
> the Icon or the msmsgs.exe file, nothing happen. Please help me one more
> time. Thanks.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Great =)
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, Jonathan. I was able to install it, from the link you gave me.

Urgent
Jonathan: When I click the link
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg

I get this message:

Internet Explorer cannot download enablemesseger.reg from jonathankay.com.
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found.

Pls. give another way to fix this problem.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Donaldo,
>
> It sounds like Windows Messenger may just have been disabled. To correct this, download and
> run these .reg files in the affected account:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
> After running these, reboot and then try opening Windows Messenger again.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>

> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Jonathan: I was able to reinstall windows messenger, but now when I click on
> > the Icon or the msmsgs.exe file, nothing happen. Please help me one more
> > time. Thanks.
> >
> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Great =)
> >> ____________________________________________
> >> Jonathan Kay
> >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> >> Associate Expert
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> >> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> >> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >>
> >> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi,

Must be a problem with your internet connection, try again.

> Urgent
> Jonathan: When I click the link
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
>
> I get this message:
>
> Internet Explorer cannot download enablemesseger.reg from jonathankay.com.
> Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site. The requested
> site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
>
> Pls. give another way to fix this problem.
>

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Donaldo,
>>
>> It sounds like Windows Messenger may just have been disabled. To correct this, download
>> and
>> run these .reg files in the affected account:
>> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
>> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
>> After running these, reboot and then try opening Windows Messenger again.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Jonathan: I was able to reinstall windows messenger, but now when I click on
>> > the Icon or the msmsgs.exe file, nothing happen. Please help me one more
>> > time. Thanks.

Thanks. Now I was able to download the files.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Must be a problem with your internet connection, try again.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Urgent
> > Jonathan: When I click the link
> > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
> > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
> >
> > I get this message:
> >
> > Internet Explorer cannot download enablemesseger.reg from jonathankay.com.
> > Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site. The requested
> > site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
> >
> > Pls. give another way to fix this problem.
> >

> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Donaldo,
> >>
> >> It sounds like Windows Messenger may just have been disabled. To correct this, download
> >> and
> >> run these .reg files in the affected account:
> >> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
> >> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg
> >> After running these, reboot and then try opening Windows Messenger again.
> >> ____________________________________________
> >> Jonathan Kay
> >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> >> Associate Expert
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> >> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> >> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >>

> >> "Donaldo" <Donaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Donaldo,

Glad to hear it.