Question Why Microsoft Edge always trying to annoy me while browsing?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
  1. How do I disable sudden auto so called "assistant" messages that appear as pop ups on top of the browser, they are come from Edge itself and drives me nuts, usually happens when I first start the browser after a long time
  2. How do I completely block autoplay videos? I did make it appear block option from flags and even this does not work, sound blocks but video still plays
  3. How do I stop Edge keep updating MY extensions without my permission on MY computer?
I just can't use Firefox due to extremely high memory usage but still keeping as default browser to annoy Microsoft.

Why nothing is ever work with Microsoft products? Do they even read the feedback I sent billion times?

EDIT: edge://flags/ messages "show recommendtions and workflow" set it disabled and reboot the browser. Ok so first one got solved thank god but I can only imagine they can remove this flag from flags page to annoy users, hopefully they not going to do that,

Last edited:

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Could you elaborate on the auto playing of videos? Are you using any adblocker on your version of Edge? Speaking of which, what version of Windows 10 are you working with? You should be on version 21H1. Which extensions are you talking about? Perhaps try and turn off the extension in Edge?

I'm on the version 2004, when I visit any website, say like pcgamer the videos on the articles plays automatically even when I do not click them and even when I not there yet on that page, the video on below plays itself and I suddenly hear random sounds from the video, which frustating and data consuming. I have adblocker yes and its enabled. I did set the block setting under edge settings which did not help at all. Why can't we have direct setting on Edge Chromium that blocks every single video plays automatically? both sound and video? Is it some shady deal between google or microsoft? Firefox have this most of the features literally years ago made them and it works, but when I use Edge, I keep getting quality of life problems like this.