why microsoft wont target older computers with light version windows 10??

aqarwaen

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
can someone answer me this.??? if microsfot wants make windows 10 most popular system,why they dont target older computers also with light version windows 10??with this i mean windows light version,whtat could run with less than 1g ram.also i think some features should be removed,if they wants this to happen......how hard it would be to make light version from windows 10??

Solution
yah i have it running fine on a very low end acer one netbook. atom dual core and 2 gb ram. just like all the other versions of windows, when you turn off stuff you are not using it runs a lot better and faster. i have my desktop win 10 down to about 15 processes running at start-up from the 30 or more that install with win 10.

just start turning stuff off and it'll run fine on such a system. there are a ton of things running you don't need if it is a pc. lots of tablet stuff and eye candy features you don't need.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

Why should they ? if people are too tight to upgrade once every 10 years, then they won't pony up the money for windows 10 anyway (since they must still be on XP with a system like that).

Anyone still using a 1GB of ram windows machine needs to check the calendar and see what year it is.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah i have it running fine on a very low end acer one netbook. atom dual core and 2 gb ram. just like all the other versions of windows, when you turn off stuff you are not using it runs a lot better and faster. i have my desktop win 10 down to about 15 processes running at start-up from the 30 or more that install with win 10.

just start turning stuff off and it'll run fine on such a system. there are a ton of things running you don't need if it is a pc. lots of tablet stuff and eye candy features you don't need.

Solution