Question Why modified ports of Graphics Cards don`t act better than stock?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
So, I had a Radeon RX 570 4 GB which I used for 5 days and Did not like its performance, So I returned it and bought a Radeon RX 570 8 GB (For free because they are the same price in my country) Then after the Radeon RX 570 8 GB Arrived and I tested it, I did not notice a performance improvement, Perhaps barely 1 more FPS, But why??

Well, the obvious answer is because the games you used for testing did not need more than 4GB of VRAM.

You can artificially make games use more VRAM by forcing copious amount of AA and super-sampling, but you'll be hammering the processing capabilities of the GPU to the point where the extra VRAM used is just detrimental.

There's always been arguments about it and I remember this being a hot topic when the Fury X was released. People was moaning it only had 4GB, haha. Jeez...

Cheers!

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
Well, the obvious answer is because the games you used for testing did not need more than 4GB of VRAM.

You can artificially make games use more VRAM by forcing copious amount of AA and super-sampling, but you'll be hammering the processing capabilities of the GPU to the point where the extra VRAM used is just detrimental.

There's always been arguments about it and I remember this being a hot topic when the Fury X was released. People was moaning it only had 4GB, haha. Jeez...

Cheers!
Tell me which free games I should test? I am not ready to buy a game just to test my GPU.

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
If the 8GB version is the same price as the 4GB version, there is no reason not to have the 8GB.
If your current games do not show a benefit, a future one will.
LoL, Yep, When I realized that the 8 GB version is the same price as the 4 GB version I have I lied to vendor to return it because of a problem in it, Lucky me, Vendor actually believed that there is a problem in the Video card and got a refund to buy the 8 GB version, YEY!!