[SOLVED] Why must I download a VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2021
Why hasn't someone come up with a VPN browser where you can visit sites without them being able to see your IP? This is for computer Windows 10. I don't need complicated stuff. I am not rich barely surviving with not enough food to eat. I just want to visit sites and they not know where I'm from. Why is this so hard?

Solution
Why hasn't someone come up with a VPN browser where you can visit sites without them being able to see your IP? This is for computer Windows 10. I don't need complicated stuff. I am not rich barely surviving with not enough food to eat. I just want to visit sites and they not know where I'm from. Why is this so hard?
Try a proxy site. Several are free. Be warned some could be scams as all traffic over these "could be monitored". I used hidemyass.com a lot back in 2015. Yes it is a legit proxy site. I would not recommend making payments over any proxy.

The difference between a VPN and Proxy, a VPN is encrypted, a Proxy is not. There also seems to be a misunderstanding about a VPN. A VPN connects you from where you...

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Why do you need a VPN?
  2. The way a VPN works is that it is between your system and whatever sites you wish to visit. Something "in the browser" would mean that your system talks to your ISP first, and then to that site. Coming from your ISP...your 'location' is mostly known.

Drew125

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2014
Try a proxy site. Several are free. Be warned some could be scams as all traffic over these "could be monitored". I used hidemyass.com a lot back in 2015. Yes it is a legit proxy site. I would not recommend making payments over any proxy.

The difference between a VPN and Proxy, a VPN is encrypted, a Proxy is not. There also seems to be a misunderstanding about a VPN. A VPN connects you from where you are to a secure network. So basically what every one is calling a "VPN" is in reality a VPN secured Proxy.

Reactions: electroNion
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.