Why my 1600 memory runs at 1333?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_rays

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014
I've got a pair of 4GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance (CL9) and I use it on an Asus P8Z77-V.
I've noticed that my memory runs at 1333 instead of 1600. How should I set up my mobo to be able to use my memory at it's top speed?

Solution
Your processor supports 1600MHz natively so you're good to go with the XMP profile and not incur any resource consumption apart from a little more power sipping from the PSU and a little more heat for your heatsink to cope with.

Repeated taping of the Del key should allow you to enter the BIOS and access the memory profiles.

Speaking o heatsinks, are you using the stock cooler?

blue_rays

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you. Here is the specs:
CPU: Intel core i7 3770K
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
RAM: 2x4GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance

Is it normal to enable XMP? Isn't it harmful for the resources? (something about loading extra pressure on mobo or ram or maybe cpu. I mean kind of OC)

Lutfij

Titan
Your processor supports 1600MHz natively so you're good to go with the XMP profile and not incur any resource consumption apart from a little more power sipping from the PSU and a little more heat for your heatsink to cope with.

Repeated taping of the Del key should allow you to enter the BIOS and access the memory profiles.

Speaking o heatsinks, are you using the stock cooler?

Solution

blue_rays

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you.
Yes, I use the stock cooler and I got much heat on my cpu. I made a thread about this before and I'm wondering what to do:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2242676/intel-3770k-heats-normal.html

Does XMP profile cause even more cpu temprature?

blue_rays

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014

You mean cpu heatsink or the mobo's? Chipset heats normally but the amount of heat for cpu is so weird because my case provides a good airflow.
Anyway, I think that I need an aftermarket cooler for my cpu. Do you have any suggestions (a good cooling system for the price)?

Lutfij

Titan
A list of choices or a site where you can purchase off of would be more helpful...however I would suggest you respond on the other thread where you were asking around for CPU temps.

This thread topic has been solved and is better closed unless you have questions on your rams.

blue_rays

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014

[strike]
Ok. Where can I find the XMP profiles?
I couldn't find it. I just found some options for overclocking in advanced menu but nothing about XMP profiles.

As you can see in these 2 images, maximum bandwidth for my ram is 1333:
http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1CMqTbAN2GDaqrKlKx4Z9qSoo2GEVe.jpg
http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1tWi3onRSp0i9XhjVelSZKPrcGoG63.jpg

BTW, I've inserted my rams in A2 and B2 sluts (as dual channel). Is it ok?[/strike]

romirez

Distinguished
asus_p9x79_uefi-1.png

blue_rays

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014
Yes, But I'd rather back to default (Auto) mode as I feel it's kind of tweak and as the option is located under "Ai Tweaker" and I had to change "Ai Overclock Tuner" mode getting access to it. Actually I'm worried a bit about it.

That's it. No more questions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS