Question Why my 2070 Super can't handle 4 monitors?

Aug 30, 2020
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super hooked up to a..

one Xiaomi UltraWide Screen 144hz 3440×1440 Res Monitor as the center
two NVISION INVISION 27" 165HZ GAMING CURVED MONITOR that has a max 1080p res as the left and right
the fourth one is a Samsung 4k monitor 60hz non curved (Set above the ultra wide monitor).

Now having to use both 1080p monitors plus the ultra wide 1440p monitors seems to have no issue. But when I plug the 4th one, (at first seems to have no issue when just normal usage) in games it makes it lag. Hiccups and stutters. Taking out a 4th monitor take away the stutters from games.

I dont get why im having this issue since checking up the nvidia website, it shows that it can support up to 4 monitors but has a maximum of 7680x4320 .

Adding up the resolutions of all monitors.
Nvision Monitor 1: 1920x1080
Nvision Monitor 2: 1920x1080
Xiaomi Ultrawide : 3440x1440
Samsung 4k Mon: : 2560x1440 (I dont fully make the resolution into 4k)
--------------------------------------
Totals to: 9840x5040

Is it because I'm exceeding the card's max resolution that its lagging my games? Will a second graphics card compensate for that problem?

P_20201013_194309.jpg
?

InvalidError

Titan
All games or only specific titles? I've had issues with some games where graphics do funky things mainly because they get confused about which screen they're on. My HD5770 used to give me trouble with three monitors attached because its clocks were dropping to idle whenever videos were playing to the point of randomly causing monitors to have partially blank screens. It would also drop to 2D clocks when videos were playing while 3D software was open, causing nearly unplayable performance in games. You may want to use HWInfo to compare GPU clocks between normal operation and the conditions where performance cuts out, see if there may be something weird going on there.

InvalidError

Titan
7‎680x4320@60Hz is the max resolution that is the issue
8k30 is the PER-PORT limit due to DisplayPort 1.4's relatively limited bandwidth. GPUs don't really have a limit on the total output resolution they can drive other than the aggregate throughput of all of their outputs and the number of DMA engines available to pump pixels from VRAM to independent displays.

Aug 30, 2020
All games or only specific titles? I've had issues with some games where graphics do funky things mainly because they get confused about which screen they're on. My HD5770 used to give me trouble with three monitors attached because its clocks were dropping to idle whenever videos were playing to the point of randomly causing monitors to have partially blank screens. It would also drop to 2D clocks when videos were playing while 3D software was open, causing nearly unplayable performance in games. You may want to use HWInfo to compare GPU clocks between normal operation and the conditions where performance cuts out, see if there may be something weird going on there.

I only play a few games and almost all of them are having that stutter. (Doom Eternal/Shadow Warrior and Some indie titles) The stutters actually arent noticeable in rts, rpgs (except horizon zero dawn but I know that game has bad optimization)

Anything that isnt fast pased or first person-like wont have a noticeable stutter except in rendered cutscene which can be very noticeable. Maybe I'll try to put all the monitor's hz to 60 as was suggested and that might work, but since I already ordered a 3080. I'll wait for that to be installed and see if that was the issue if not I'll try what was suggested here. The stutters are basically like a freeze frame for a a milisecond or two, so looking around doesnt make it noticeable but when moving forward you can actually notice the scenery stuttering or cutscenes as was said. Which doesnt make sense since my frames are quite high in the highest settings on these games (100+).

What I did to fix the issue currently is just unplugged the 4th monitor and plugged it to my laptop to use, while my gaming pc uses the three monitors without issues. This is just a temp remedy since I do want all monitors to be used by my pc.

Aug 30, 2020
There are many instances where mixing refresh rates in monitors cause issues. Set them all at 60hz and see if it runs better.

So I got my RTX 3080, and the stutters were still there. So it meant it was a monitor problem. I specifically tried what was said here and limited all my monitor's Hz to 60 and the stutters were gone. Even going to 4 monitors have completed cleared the problem.