[SOLVED] Why my C: Drive always full

Nov 3, 2019
why my C: drive is always full / reduced capacity even though I deleted all my files but it didn't work and it kept on decreasing.
When I scanned the C: drive using WinDirStat, I found a folder called "<Unknown>". I didn't know what the folder was about and the folder capacity was always increasing. Is that normal? Help me

Here the image:
View: https://imgur.com/AAs6kHs

Solution
You could have an out of control log file or other system generated files. Although time consuming you'll have to get the Properties of folders (right click > Properties). Until you zero in on the culprit.

The most efficient method I've found for this is to select half the visible folders and get Properties. If it is there. Then select half of that group and keep working down. Until I find the folder which is out of control. The open that folder and repeat the process with it's sub-directories and files. Just keep repeating the process through the various levels of sub-directories until you find the culprit. Once you find the culprit you can start googling to see what process needs to be disabled or setting or error corrected.

So...
You could have an out of control log file or other system generated files. Although time consuming you'll have to get the Properties of folders (right click > Properties). Until you zero in on the culprit.

The most efficient method I've found for this is to select half the visible folders and get Properties. If it is there. Then select half of that group and keep working down. Until I find the folder which is out of control. The open that folder and repeat the process with it's sub-directories and files. Just keep repeating the process through the various levels of sub-directories until you find the culprit. Once you find the culprit you can start googling to see what process needs to be disabled or setting or error corrected.

So, open the C drive. Show hidden files and folders. Start working your way through. Although at the first level I'd check the Users and Windows folders first.

Solution