[SOLVED] Why my computer won't start after installing new ram

Sep 6, 2021
Hi,

So originally I had 2x8gb crucial CT8G4DFS832A ddr4-3200 ram, and I bought 2 more 8gb crucial ram (same brand name model, pretty much everything same) from amazon, but when I added these 2 new ram sticks inside my 4 slot b450 motherboard, the computer won't turn on.

There is a red light on motherboard pointing to ram issue. I tried all sorts of different positionings of the rams but doesn't start. I took out the 2 old rams and tried only having the 2 new ram sticks in, but doesn't start. Then when I only put back the 2 old ram sticks in, it works.

Is there any possible reason?

Thanks

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard? Are you sure they(the ram kits) are identical in every way? What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Did you try replacing the old sticks with the new sticks in the previous(known working) slots?

Lutfij

Titan

What is the make and model of your motherboard? Are you sure they(the ram kits) are identical in every way? What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Did you try replacing the old sticks with the new sticks in the previous(known working) slots?

Solution
Sep 6, 2021

Thank you, you sir are a genius!
I updated my bios and now it works.