Question Why my GPU limit is only below 60 degrees even i max power limit on MSI afterburner?

Sep 13, 2022
before im able to play smooth on spiderman. my gpu start to perform low Spiderman Remastered around 15 fps very low preset. i noticed my gpu is limited only at 60 degrees. before it can go around 80 dergrees. i thinki something is limiting my temp the reason my gpu performance is getting bad.

GPU: 1660 super asus tuf
PROC : ryzen 2400g

i tried:
  • updating and reinstalling gpu
  • setting windows and nvdia stting to max performance
  • reseting my bios
  • reseating my gpu

It's possible to set a temperature target that would limit performance past a certain temperature.
This would be done in whatever app you set it in, and I'm unsure if its even possible to set it as low as 60C.
But, I'd still be checking all the apps like that that you have installed on your system to ensure there's no temp limit set, or at least set the temp limit higher.

Sep 13, 2022
It's possible to set a temperature target that would limit performance past a certain temperature.
This would be done in whatever app you set it in, and I'm unsure if its even possible to set it as low as 60C.
But, I'd still be checking all the apps like that that you have installed on your system to ensure there's no temp limit set, or at least set the temp limit higher.
i tried unstalling some programs including MSI afterburner.. still the same around 15 fps in very low preset spiderman remastered. :(

Sep 13, 2022
Try re-installing MSI afterburner, and setting the temperature limit to 80C or whatever. Hopefully it will override whatever app is setting the temp limit
i also tried it already. i also try kumbustor gl (msi-01) im only getting 5 fps max. wiith max temp is 60 degrees... while my borther teasing me and comparing his gpu also 1660 super 45 fps with 78 degree temp. we are on the same room.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022
i also tried it already. i also try kumbustor gl (msi-01) im only getting 5 fps max. wiith max temp is 60 degrees.
Is it only in the spiderman game or others as well?
If it is only the spiderman game, sounds like it might be using your integrated graphics instead of your discrete GPU. Have you checked the graphical settings in-game as well?
in valorant its playable in very low settings around 175 fps.. but in high settings fps is only around 40.. im sure it is using my gpu i checked it in task manager, besides its more playable in integrated graphics than my gpu. :( if i didnt fix this.. i will instead use my integrated graphics.