[SOLVED] Must reseat Gpu to make it work

• Thread starter Deleted member 2781637
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2781637

I had the same issue since 2018 like clockwork every 5 to 6 months I open my pc and there is no signal and everytime I had to open the case remove the GPU and replug it then it works pretty much twice to 3 times per year since then I have no idea what's causing that but the last time yesterday was different I had GPU usage stutter jumping all around the place from 0 to 100 to 50 it was random and caused massive stutter in audio and video which made everything unplayable and I fixed it by removed the gpu and plugging it again.
GTX 1050Ti and it doesn't need any power pins btw.

Solution
Since turning off your PC or even just putting it on standby cuts off all power to the GPU, the only extra thing re-seating the GPU does is making the edge contact scrape against the slot connector which would remove corrosion. For corrosion to interfere with the GPU's operation in only 5-6 months, you would need to have a pretty nasty environment such as high moisture from salty sea spray.

Shaking off conductive dust in the process of re-seating may also be a possibility.

InvalidError

Titan
Since turning off your PC or even just putting it on standby cuts off all power to the GPU, the only extra thing re-seating the GPU does is making the edge contact scrape against the slot connector which would remove corrosion. For corrosion to interfere with the GPU's operation in only 5-6 months, you would need to have a pretty nasty environment such as high moisture from salty sea spray.

Shaking off conductive dust in the process of re-seating may also be a possibility.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2781637

Checking the connector and that area is usually pretty clean not sign of anything that terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS