[SOLVED] WHy my Graphics Memory and Graphics Driver Crashed?

Aug 8, 2021
I recenlty bought Dell G5 5500 with Graphics Card (Nvidia 1660ti) 120hz. I have 32 gb ram.

But when I try to play game in this laptop. it uses 100% GPU all the time and few minutes later it will crash.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you use CPU-Z to check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop is at the time of writing? You can use CPU-Z to show you the BISO version(mainboard tab, BIOS section). You need to also see what your OS version is. You can do so by right clicking on Start>System, it should be located at the bottom of the new page. Mind stating what games you're trying to tax the laptop with? Please do not include an etc in that sentence. You will also need to see what your system resources are when you've booted into your OS and left it idle.

You should download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, here, then use DDU to remove your GPU drivers, reboot and then manually reinstall your GPU driver...

Lutfij

Titan

Can you use CPU-Z to check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop is at the time of writing? You can use CPU-Z to show you the BISO version(mainboard tab, BIOS section). You need to also see what your OS version is. You can do so by right clicking on Start>System, it should be located at the bottom of the new page. Mind stating what games you're trying to tax the laptop with? Please do not include an etc in that sentence. You will also need to see what your system resources are when you've booted into your OS and left it idle.

You should download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, here, then use DDU to remove your GPU drivers, reboot and then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Is it possible to share a screenshot of all the app's installed that have Dell at the beginning of said app? When delivering laptops to clients, I tend to remove bloatware or reinstall the OS and then make sure only drivers are installed and no third party, resource draining app's from Dell/HP/Lenovo(respectively).

Solution
Aug 8, 2021

You should download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, here, then use DDU to remove your GPU drivers, reboot and then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Is it possible to share a screenshot of all the app's installed that have Dell at the beginning of said app? When delivering laptops to clients, I tend to remove bloatware or reinstall the OS and then make sure only drivers are installed and no third party, resource draining app's from Dell/HP/Lenovo(respectively).

Bios Version from CPU-Z

1abafbcfc6a10e2f74535adf7ffd7c01.png

OS Version

3adefe2ad0523948b55e1b11f4fc115f.png

I tried only two games: Valorant and Apex Legends

Resources without Running Game
e5dfba0a5030433fb9f3f7e98c93a8ab.png

Dell Apps: (I have reinstalled the OS )
59b238039345b37b5c61527d7d4bceba.png