Why my h100i v2 is not detected by corsair link 4?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello. I have an amd fx 9370 and a gtx 1070 with asrock 990fx extreme9. I bought the h100 v2 about a year and a half ago and it never appeared in corsair link 4. The cpu temps are fine but I don't know why it is not detected. Also my cooler's fans make a streange noise when spinning quickly while I'm gaming and it is really frustrating. It is doing that since I bought the h100i v2. I managed to fix it in the past for 3 months(I opened the case and I cleaned the dust and I couldn't hear that noise anymore for quite some time). 3 days ago I cleaned again the radiator and the fans and the noise stopped again for 3 days but after a blackout I opened my pc and while gaming the noise is here again. Do you know why the fans make that noise? And could you tell me why my cooler does not appear in corsair link 4?

Solution
Seems like you didn't install it by the manual.

There is a USB cable from the pump that you need to connect to the motherboard USB header.
Connect the pump power cable to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard.
Connect the radiator fans to the two connectors coming of the pump

Seems like you didn't install it by the manual.

There is a USB cable from the pump that you need to connect to the motherboard USB header.
Connect the pump power cable to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard.
Connect the radiator fans to the two connectors coming of the pump

Solution

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016

I think I have connected everything properly just this usb cable that you are saying and yeah I did not read the manual. I'll check it when I open my pc. Thanks for the help

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
the USB cable is NOT soldered on to the CPU block like every other cable (ALL cables besides the USB one need to be connected for the cooler to work well enough) and the USB cable comes included in the bag of screws and fittings (it has USB 2.0 motherboard header female connector on one end and a right angled male micro USB connector on the other side)