[SOLVED] Why my internet speed decreases only on cable

D14BL0

Commendable
Jul 31, 2017
For a few days now i noticed a weird thing with my Internet connection. On Wifi it's normal, no issues, but trought cable from time to time it decreases to a much lower quality in speed (6.9MB wifi and 1.2MB Cabled). Restarting the router helps for a while but after that it goes back to 1.2MB by cable. Running the speedtest using PC and Phone at the same time gives different results, the phone is always at 6.7MB/s while the PC is stuck at 1.1MB/s for no reason. Could the cable be faulty or it's something wrong with Windows ? the provider is Virgin UK

Solution
Some modem has QoS which could affected this thing.

Try this, restart the modem, and have no wifi device connection, and see if the cable keep on great top speed.
Then connect by phone to wifi, and check if cable goes low again, so this could be becasue of QoS(maybe). try to disable QoS in modem.

Also check in your PC there is no any software(maybe a firewall) that limits the network access. And make sure you check the speed in phone by router wifi, maybe you are doing this by cellular

Hope it helps
Sep 28, 2019
Some modem has QoS which could affected this thing.

Try this, restart the modem, and have no wifi device connection, and see if the cable keep on great top speed.
Then connect by phone to wifi, and check if cable goes low again, so this could be becasue of QoS(maybe). try to disable QoS in modem.

Also check in your PC there is no any software(maybe a firewall) that limits the network access. And make sure you check the speed in phone by router wifi, maybe you are doing this by cellular

Hope it helps

Solution