Question Why my laptop crashes in a zoom, google meet calls?

Jul 30, 2022
Hi all,
I have an issue. I made a Zoom call three weeks ago. My laptop crashed. The receiver told me that the sound was very bad (like crashing also). I can't move between the apps and the tabs. It was very slow and buggy for a while (3 to 5 minutes), then it came back. The same thing happened to me on a Google meetup call twice. I was thinking the problem was just with the zoom software. I remember that it bugs me a lot only when someone or I share the screen, because I already had some other calls on Google Meet without sharing the screen and it was fine. In all my meetings, I save the conversation using OBS software. I've got a 1TB SSD, 16GB of RAM, and a CPU (Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), 2GHz). Please if someone can help me, because I have important meets in futur.

Cheers,
Mohamed.

Hi all,
I have an issue. I made a Zoom call three weeks ago. My laptop crashed. The receiver told me that the sound was very bad (like crashing also). I can't move between the apps and the tabs. It was very slow and buggy for a while (3 to 5 minutes), then it came back. The same thing happened to me on a Google meetup call twice. I was thinking the problem was just with the zoom software. I remember that it bugs me a lot only when someone or I share the screen, because I already had some other calls on Google Meet without sharing the screen and it was fine. In all my meetings, I save the conversation using OBS software. I've got a 1TB SSD, 16GB of RAM, and a CPU (Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), 2GHz). Please if someone can help me, because I have important meets in futur.

Cheers,
Mohamed.
Have you made sure all your mobo drivers are up to date from theammy website

go to windows device manager and look to see if your laptop has a built in realtek sound device. if it does, you need to update it to the current version. Hopefully, one from mid 2020 or newer. The older version would respond to other sound request and corrupt other sound devices stacks. for example the graphic sound driver. There can be other causes but this one was broken for years until some time in 2020. This broke, cpu sound driver, gpu sound drivers, and drivers for various headsets by overflowing the drivers buffers.
people that just used the realtech sound only would not have a problem.

----------
there can be other bugs, old gpu drivers, old network drivers but generally people catch those. People don't update the realtec sound drivers when they don't use their sound support. Problem is they do not go into bios and disable the sound hardware so the bios tells windows that the device gets the DMA channel.
-------------
you can also see if a minidump file was created and put it on a cloud server, share it for public access an post a link so it can be looked at with a windows debugger.
if would help narrow down the cause of the failure.

Last edited: