[SOLVED] Why my laptop freezes sometimes automatically?

RitSin

Commendable
Mar 23, 2019
laptop model Dell XPS 14 l421x

Sometimes my laptop does freeze then I thought it would be the window problem then I reinstalled the window but the problem isn't fixed yet

then I search google and get answers that the startup program may be the issue then I disable almost all startup programs but it still happens and RAM usage since then I always keep an eye on unnecessary files and remove them from time to time but the problem is still there.

Today I applied the paste to my processor
what I thought is
might be the paste has been dried so I replaced the old one

some people said on google that because the wifi driver, not up-to-date freezes the laptop during getting high-speed bandwidth then I noticed whenever I download multiple files simultaneously my laptop freeze,
so I just want to know that my laptop intel wifi driver product has been discontinued because of my old laptop model

is there any solution

oops, my laptop battery also has been drained my laptop battery power never exceeds zero (0)
The laptop battery might be the problem I don't know what the problem is?
please help me out

thanks in advance

Solution
well you can provide the more solution
More than happy to do so. If you want a Distro that is supposed to be the most easy to use for newcomers, that will often give either Linux Lite or Linux Mint (here are a list of the 100 most popular linux distros) that is also not so demanding for resources.

Start by downloading the ISO image file for the choosen distro. Then you get a USB drive that have more space than the size of the iso file.
To make a bootable USB drive from the ISO file, you need a proper software like Rufus or similar.
Note that Mint comes in 3 slighly different flavours (desktop), and since all Linux ISO images make it possible to test the desktop/distro in a live environment...
How old are the laptop, 2012? What OS is installed?

How often do these freezes occur? When did it started? Are there any pattern (like when a specifig program runs, only in games, only after x minutes, etc)? Did it happens after an OS upgrade?

RitSin

Commendable
Mar 23, 2019
How old are the laptop, 2012? What OS is installed?

How often do these freezes occur? When did it started? Are there any pattern (like when a specifig program runs, only in games, only after x minutes, etc)? Did it happens after an OS upgrade?

Well yes 2012 & I bought this in 2013
freezes occur randomly
It's been started since I updated my window 7 to window 10
Well, I couldn't catch any pattern yet but it freezes when I download multiple files at the same time and might be when I do heavy work like so many programs run on my laptop at same time or google chrome tabs open in multiple ways.

RitSin

Commendable
Mar 23, 2019
That suggest it is related to Windows 10, maybe that computer just cannot handle W10 or W10 doesn't apply proper drivers.
oky
thnks,
then what you suggest to me, can i revert my window 10 into 7, or I reinstalled the window and download drivers from dell official website.

then what you suggest to me, can i revert my window 10 into 7, or I reinstalled the window and download drivers from dell official website.
No, W7 is discontinued and it's unsafe to use.

In practice, there are 3 options for further use of the computer:
  • Further time spending in hope that you eventually can get it to work with W10. That would require re-install spend much time looking for drivers and testing those and see if they might work (if exists at all).
  • Go back to W7. This will probably work, but less and less software those days are working on W7 and it is also unsafe to be plugged to internet. Can be used safe only if no internet access.
  • Install some Linux OS. This require you spending time learning something new, and you won't get adobe packages and MS office if that is required. This option is safe considered a old MS os as long as you keep it up to date, and it's probably working very well on a laptop from 2012. If you decide this is a feasible solution I can provide more information.

RitSin

Commendable
Mar 23, 2019
No, W7 is discontinued and it's unsafe to use.

In practice, there are 3 options for further use of the computer:
  • Further time spending in hope that you eventually can get it to work with W10. That would require re-install spend much time looking for drivers and testing those and see if they might work (if exists at all).
  • Go back to W7. This will probably work, but less and less software those days are working on W7 and it is also unsafe to be plugged to internet. Can be used safe only if no internet access.
  • Install some Linux OS. This require you spending time learning something new, and you won't get adobe packages and MS office if that is required. This option is safe considered a old MS os as long as you keep it up to date, and it's probably working very well on a laptop from 2012. If you decide this is a feasible solution I can provide more information.
by the way
recently I download a drive booster to update all my drivers & I updated all those have been founded
see what happened if the problem will still exists then I considered another OS.

More than happy to do so. If you want a Distro that is supposed to be the most easy to use for newcomers, that will often give either Linux Lite or Linux Mint (here are a list of the 100 most popular linux distros) that is also not so demanding for resources.

Start by downloading the ISO image file for the choosen distro. Then you get a USB drive that have more space than the size of the iso file.
To make a bootable USB drive from the ISO file, you need a proper software like Rufus or similar.
Note that Mint comes in 3 slighly different flavours (desktop), and since all Linux ISO images make it possible to test the desktop/distro in a live environment (booting to Linux desktop without actually installing it) so you can decide what OS you want to install permanently to hdd.

Before you start booting to Linux iso image, you should make backup (since the drive is probably going to be viped, you need to put the files to a separate device lie external hdd - technically speaking a valid backup require at least two copies) of any files that is important for you.
Optional: If you think you may regret later, you can also make a disk image from the internal hdd using appropriate software (many users on this forum like macrium reflect, while I prefer the open source Clonezilla)

Also, after installing a distro, it's a good idea to join it's official forum where you can get help if you're stuck on something.

Hope this helps 🆒

by the way
recently I download a drive booster to update all my drivers & I updated all those have been founded
see what happened if the problem will still exists then I considered another OS.
Well, the more experienced W10 users on this forum tend to not be very found of that kind of software, probably well grounded. So in that case you should seek up the drivers manually.

Solution

RitSin

Commendable
Mar 23, 2019
hey
i have one query more as you said windows doesn't support my laptop or window 10 isn't able to load proper drivers
so my query is my laptop bios has UEFI mode so I need to ask isn't UEFI mode made for Windows 10