Question Why my laptop screen has horizontal lines of dead pixels at the bottom ?

Uterian

Prominent
Aug 28, 2021
Hello, my laptop screen was working fine for over a year. But a month ago, maybe 2, a horizontal line of dead pixels appeared at the bottom. I thought this might be caused by the socket inside the screen (not sure if it's called a socket), but I didn't want to risk making it worse by trying to replug it just for a single line of dead pixels.

But it's getting out of hand. Right now it's got several horizontal lines and I think it will get worse.

Am I right thinking it's because of the socket, or does the screen have to be replaced?

WhatsApp-Image-2023-03-23-at-11.09.13_1.jpeg

Uterian

Prominent
Aug 28, 2021
They may not be dead pixels after all and your screen may be fine.

As a test, start your laptop then hit the relevant F key to enter the BIOS. Does the same issue appear there or not?

I just checked and the lines show up in bios screen as well
But I've plugged in the smart tv via hdmi cable and there are no lines there.
By the way, this lines are not steady. Their colors flicker. For example the blue lines under the icons(from the photo I shared) flicker.

Uterian

Prominent
Aug 28, 2021
Hello, this issue started a few months ago as only 1 line of stuck pixels at the bottom of the screen. In time, the line count started to increase. But now, lower half of the monitor gets stuck from time to time. Sometimes it magically works but sometimes it's stuck or late updated and the lines at the bottom are always there, they never go away.
And the part on the middle of the screen doesn't happen on light colored background, happens only on darker colors.

I want to repair or replace the broken parts, but I cannot be sure if it's the monitor or the connector or the cable that causes the issue
lEFDlIg.jpg

5HeEI7o.jpg

GSa7cI9.jpg