[SOLVED] Why my laptop's BIOS has no XMP or AI Tweaker options ?

Ic3Shafter

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
'Eyo guys,

I'm encountering a big problem with an ASUS TUF FX504GM. Basically, I've upgraded my RAM on this laptop, and I have to set the DRAM and Frequency. Normally I would do that via the BIOS or UEFI in this case, however there is no XMP, DRAM Settings or AI Tweaker options under the Advanced Options in the UEFI. Why would that be I wonder?

Ples help.

Solution
It is running at 2666mhz then.

DDR4=Double Data Rate Version 4
1333x2=2666mhz

Sometimes ram speed is reported as half of it's clockspeed because of this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What bios software it use?

problem with laptops is the manuals don't cover anything about bios as they assume their users don't know what a bios is and don't need to know, which makes it difficult for those of us who do want to know.

It may not have AI Tweaker as most Laptops aren't built for overclocking. Laptop bios can be pretty basic

Ic3Shafter

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
Well, I don't really want to overclock it. The thing is, the new ram I got is supposed to run at 2666mhz and it should have different timings. According to CPU-Z it runs at 1333mhz and the timing ate all over the place. Basically the laptop almost runs worse with the 16gb ram than it did before with 8gb

yeah its running 2666mhz with right timings but 1x 16gb = single channel is way worse than dual :chaudar:
If this model has 2 slots you should always use 2 instead of 1 module.

Is the old 8gb ram same model as this 16gb? If yes then just add that to slot2. If its not same model then either send this ram back (if you still can) or buy another one exactly same model or 8gb/16gb stick(need to be same manufactor and timings/rank)

Ic3Shafter

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
Alright. Well at first I tried to look up a 8gb module, but I couldn't find the same model.

I have already requested a return for the current module.

So the best option would be to get a dual channel kit, right? 2x8gb 2666mhz dual channel and it should run smoother