Why my motherboard bios settings are different than others i see?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello i have an asus prime a320m-a mobo and in the bios there is something called ez system tuning that is set to normal by default if i scroll left i see power saving mode and thats it no more options only normal more where all the bars are at the middle i mean the performance and quite and energy saving and in the power saving mode everything will go down except the energy saving will go up but my question is why i see others have performance mode and extreme performance while i dont have and thank you.

And maybe the board is a little different in name but all have the same user interface.

Solution

Even a small difference in name could mean a major difference in motherboard design that would necessitate equally major differences...

Even a small difference in name could mean a major difference in motherboard design that would necessitate equally major differences in BIOS screen layouts. Your board, for instance, is an A320 and that's not an overclockable board so there is no need for overclocking options (suggestive of terms like 'performance mode' and 'extreme performance mode') to be available.

Also, some BIOS have what's called an 'easy' mode and an 'advanced' mode where more settings and different features are exposed. When shoulder surfing you might get a glimpse of someone's screen when in a different mode.

Solution