[SOLVED] Why my motherboard is not running with max supported ram speed?

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, Recently I have purchased Asus TUF B365M-Plus Gaming mother board with 2 X G. Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4 3200 BUS ram. As that motherboard support max 2666 bus speed, those rams were suppose to run at 2666 bus. But when i checked task manager, i noticed that those rams are running at 2133 bus. It would be helpful if anyone can tell me why this is happening?....... also let me know if this will affect the motherboard in long run or not?........ Also in future if I wish to add more ram, will that cause any issue? My processor is Core i7 9700k ....... thanks in advance.....

Solution
Thnak you all for the reply..... actually I am not that much familiar with the overclocking or boostup or xmp technology as previously i used 4th gen i7 4790 processor. So it would be helpful if you can help me step by step on the following points:
  1. How to overclock my processor? Is it safe (both for motherboard and processor) to keep that enable all the time?
  2. Enabling XMP profile and set the ram speed to 2666 BUS.
  3. The seller said, my mother board does not support Intel Turbo Boost Technology and for that i can’t overclock the processor. But in ASUS web site, it is mentioned that this motherboard support this technology. How can I check?
Thanks in advance......
Your motherboard will support turbo boost as that is...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
2133 is the default speed the motherboard will run at before needing to adjust settings in the Bios.

3200 is an XMP profile the kit is rated for. Not sure if ram will run at 2666 if set XMP profile 3200 or would it still remain at 2133. Probably will have to manually set the parameters yourself as Dman said.

See if Cpuz registers a timing chart for 2666 under SPD tab. If there is, could use that as reference to tune the primary timings as well.

Regarding another set of ram later on, mixing doesn't always work, even if they're the same brand or specs. They're sold in kits as a tested set for compatibility between them.

Hi, Recently I have purchased Asus TUF B365M-Plus Gaming mother board with 2 X G. Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4 3200 BUS ram. As that motherboard support max 2666 bus speed, those rams were suppose to run at 2666 bus. But when i checked task manager, i noticed that those rams are running at 2133 bus. It would be helpful if anyone can tell me why this is happening?....... also let me know if this will affect the motherboard in long run or not?........ Also in future if I wish to add more ram, will that cause any issue? My processor is Core i7 9700k ....... thanks in advance.....
Go to the QVL for your motherboard, an you will see that you MoBo supports RAM speed up to 3600 Mhz. It will very probably switch to 3200 Mhz when you will enable XMP (calls DOCP by Asus) in the bios

Jul 7, 2020
Thnak you all for the reply..... actually I am not that much familiar with the overclocking or boostup or xmp technology as previously i used 4th gen i7 4790 processor. So it would be helpful if you can help me step by step on the following points:
  1. How to overclock my processor? Is it safe (both for motherboard and processor) to keep that enable all the time?
  3. The seller said, my mother board does not support Intel Turbo Boost Technology and for that i can’t overclock the processor. But in ASUS web site, it is mentioned that this motherboard support this technology. How can I check?
Thanks in advance......

jpe1701

Honorable
Thanks in advance......
Your motherboard will support turbo boost as that is just a function of intel chips and all motherboards for intel support it. But being a b-series intel board it won't support overclocking.

Reactions: Rifat3605
Solution