[SOLVED] Why my PC Intel Core 2 duo is showing these errors?

Dec 22, 2020
the error or problem is that when I am using PC normally, but after some time it shows anonymous or black lines in front of my monitor and totally get hang and shutoff, the most important thing to be noted is that the fan speed of CPU increases when it get stuck.
I searched for this problem and found that it is a problem of fan or of built-in graphic card but I am not not found any best solution. Kindly please see the attachment and tell me the solution of problem.

Solution
I searched for this problem and found that it is a problem of fan or of built-in graphic card but I am not not found any best solution. Kindly please see the attachment and tell me the solution of problem.
That is very old system.
Graphics is built into motherboard chipset (not in CPU like on modern CPUs). So changing cpu will not fix the issue.

Install discrete graphics card into your pc. Something cheap - like GT 710 for example. Look for low profile version. Full size card will not fit into your SFF pc case.

BTW - it could be broken monitor/bad video cable also. Check with a different monitor first.

610U3s7IhDL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
Nov 10, 2020
To me it just looks like the integrated graphics are dying, you do have a very old machine there so it could be very likely.
You could get a replacement CPU for around 5USD but i guess that may not be an option for you since you keep using such an old pc in the first place.

artk2219

Distinguished
the error or problem is that when I am using PC normally, but after some time it shows anonymous or black lines in front of my monitor and totally get hang and shutoff, the most important thing to be noted is that the fan speed of CPU increases when it get stuck.

Yep, thats likely a dying graphics processor, you can try reapplying thermal paste to the cpu and chipset and generally blowing the dust out of your pc, but in all likelihood you need a new motherboard \ cpu, which means you may as well look for a newer pc. You should be able to find a sandybridge or ivy bridge i5 or i7 ex-office pc pretty cheap these days, and theyll offer a huge upgrade over your old Core 2 duo so long as thats in your budget.

Reactions: Syed Huzaifa Ahmed
That is very old system.
Graphics is built into motherboard chipset (not in CPU like on modern CPUs). So changing cpu will not fix the issue.

Install discrete graphics card into your pc. Something cheap - like GT 710 for example. Look for low profile version. Full size card will not fit into your SFF pc case.

BTW - it could be broken monitor/bad video cable also. Check with a different monitor first.

610U3s7IhDL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Solution