Question Why my pc is underperforming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2019
Hey, I'd like to know if you guys have any idea of why my pc is underperforming.

SPECS:
MB: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
CPU: R7 2700X OC 4.2GHZ
WC: PCYES NIX 360
RAM: 2X8GB OC TO 3000MHZ
GPU: RTX 2080
PSU: RM 850X

I'm getting such a low fps in games if compared to the YT reviews on every game, like in GTAV you can see people getting between 90 to 140 fps , while i'm getting 110 to 55 some times. My monitor is 75hz and I just want to get stable at this fps, because it's annoying when fluctuating. In BFV people get in multiplayer with 64 players in the map around 140 to 170 fps, mine is 90 to 120 with the same low settings. In Watch Dogs 2 and Farcry 5 I get at maximum 55 to 80 fps and this guy can get around 80 to 100. I'm also experience some stutters. I have already done a fresh reinstall of windows 10, updated all drivers, disabled xbox game bar. All those parts are new and are being used around 2 months. Temps are ok, memory usage is ok, gpu temp is ok, hds are ok in crystaldiskinfo.

Some YT tests that you can see the approximately performance can get with similar rigs:
GTAV AND FARCRY 5:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGI05kXOKsQ&t=135s

BF5 MULTIPLAYER:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W05Rz7FPwBg

WATCH DOGS 2:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2I2M8PF5cs&t=189s

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english, I'm brazilian.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Well, it would be nice to post a screenshot of GPU-Z. But besides of that, this happened to me (i don't know if it's your case tho), i had the GPU connected in the wrong PCI-E Slot, make sure your GPU is connected to the PCI-E Slot that's right under the CPU.

Also i don't think it could be the problem, but have you tried using everything on stock clock speeds?

Reactions: Dogelo09
Aug 30, 2019
https://ibb.co/Qb9QvQK
It says it's in PCIe x16 3.0 as it is connected to the pci under the cpu. About trying to use everything in stock, I was using it in stock when I had a GTX 970, and when I changed the gpu everything was already overclocked. I will try use everything on stock settings. Thanks! :D

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Have you checked your power plan? updated bios, tested DPC latencies (you can use LatMon to measure or use Why So Slow to test your computer's performance), also, what are your temperatures while gaming? Have you also used programs to benchmark your gpu + cpu? You should do that first and compare with others.

Aug 30, 2019
I was using AMD power plan, then I changed to high performance and there wasn't any difference. About the bios, I updated it to the nearer date of the videos, so now i'm using (f2), but yeah, I can try to update it. In BF5 my temps are around 62 degrees celsius for the CPU and GPU. The program that I use to benchmark my pc is MSI AFTERBURNER, by the way some of my steam games are crashing when I open them with AFTERBURNER in the background, I need to close it and when the game is finally running I can open it without any problems. Do you know how to solve it too? I searched about it and some people were saying that it could be something related to NVIDIA drivers.

Could you tell me what's DPC latencies? I will try to run any of these: LatMon or Why So Slow and see what happens.

Thx by your attention.

Aug 30, 2019
CPU Speed OK
Your CPU speed ranged between 4199 Mhz and 4200 MHz. The advertised clock speed of your processor is 4200 MHz.

Your main processor was running at its advertised clock speed only. Your CPUs do not appear to be throttled down. More info..

CPU Temperature OK
Your CPU temperature could not be measured. Your processor likely does not have a temperature sensor.

CPU Load OK
While the test was idle, your CPU usage ranged from 0,8% to 8,3%. Your processor's resources do not appear to be used heavily. More info..

Memory Load OK
The amount of RAM used by your system while the test was running ranged from 29,7% to 29,7%. More info..

Paging Information OK
During the test, no hard pagefaults were reported. The values reported are considered excellent. Your paging file resides on a SSD which fortunately limits the impact of hitting hard pagefaults on your system. More info..

Application responsiveness OK
The highest application responsiveness on your system was measured at 0,243 ms. This value is considered good. Your system appears to be responsive. More info..

Kernel latencies and real-time capabilities OK
The highest kernel responsiveness on your system was measured at 0,240 ms. This value is considered good. There do not appear to be drivers causing your system to be unsuitable for real-time processing capabilities. More info..

BIOS and chipset behavior
The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 80 microseconds. This value is considered acceptable. No problems have been detected during the tests.More info..

Conclusion

Your system has been analyzed. Your system appears to be running fine.
No problems were found.

Report generated on 30/08/2019 21:44:12

I don't know why the software couldn't measure the CPU temps.

Now It's raining and some lightning strikes, I prefer update the bios tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.