Question Why my pc keeps restarting.

Aug 11, 2019
Hello guys, I'm coming to you with an issue that I'm having. Two weeks ago, I purchased some PC components. I’ll post the list with all the pc components down below. Everything works perfectly fine when I'm not in a game and I can use the PC for like 10h even more with no issues if I'm not in a game, but as soon as I start a game and play like 30 min, the screen goes black and then the PC restarts, after the forced restart, there is no internet connection for some reason, and I have to restart it myself in order to have internet. After all that the PC works fine with no issues. I want to add that in this period of 2 weeks that I had the pc I got like 3 or 4 with the message ‘video tdr failure atikmpag.sys’ All updates are up to date and the OS is win 10 from their website (no pirated version).

PC components list:

MB: MSI X570-A PRO (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz

RAM: Kingston Fury Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C18 3200MHz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express

PS: Corsair TX650M 650W 80 Plus Gold Semi Modular

SSD: Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 64 Layer 3D V-NAND

HDD: Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 7200RPM 256MB Cache Internal

CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Universal Dual Tower CPU Heatsink with 140mm Fan

Much appreciated.

Aug 11, 2019
First thing I'd do is use DDU to remove old GPU drivers. Then install the latest version and see if that helps. The second thing is update the chipset drivers. Third I'd try a different PSU.
Coming with a late update due to work. Did a clean install for drivers and everything went smooth. Got another bluescreen this time outside a game. The blue screen message is irql not less or equal. Any advices ?

Aug 11, 2019
Up to date chipset drivers?
Yes, everything is up to date. The customer service from where i got the pc parts told me to use memtest86 to check if i got any memory faults, wich i hardly belive. That program apparently requires a USBstick in order to be used, and dont have one and i'm pissed. Any other advices?

Much appriciated!

Jan 23, 2019
Hey I have a similar problem I get a white screen (sometimes with colored pixels) and sometimes a black screen and I've got a blue screen and also got irql not less or equal. if you ever figure it out it would be very appreciated!

Reactions: HubbsQQ