[SOLVED] Why my PC restarts while playing games ?

Jul 17, 2021
My pc restarts while playing games like Nier Automata, Ori and The Will of The Wisps, Rainbow Six Siege, Apex and Genshin Impact when I look at the event viewer it says kernel power 41 63. There was no problems with my pc 2 days ago. I've tried updating my drivers and turning off quick boot. Here's some logs as well from HWMonitor. And HWinfo logs it restarted after the r6 one but I seperated apex as since I changed games midway.

My Specs:
Intel Core i5-4460
Nvidia GTX 960
WD Blue 1TB (2012)
HyperX Savage DDR3 1600 C9 2x4GB
Corsair VS550 PSU

Solution
My pc restarts while playing games like Nier Automata, Ori and The Will of The Wisps, Rainbow Six Siege, Apex and Genshin Impact when I look at the event viewer it says kernel power 41 63. There was no problems with my pc 2 days ago. I've tried updating my drivers and turning off quick boot. Here's some logs as well from HWMonitor. And HWinfo logs it restarted after the r6 one but I seperated apex as since I changed games midway.

My Specs:
Intel Core i5-4460
Nvidia GTX 960
WD Blue 1TB (2012)
Corsair VS550 PSU
Often restarts during gameplay are caused by a problem with the PSU. One thing you can do to shed more light on the cause is to use MSI Afterburner to reduce the power...

My Specs:
Intel Core i5-4460
Nvidia GTX 960
WD Blue 1TB (2012)
Corsair VS550 PSU
Often restarts during gameplay are caused by a problem with the PSU. One thing you can do to shed more light on the cause is to use MSI Afterburner to reduce the power limit to the graphics card. This will cause it to boost lower and use less power. See if the problem persists during gameplay.

Solution

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019

My Specs:
Intel Core i5-4460
Nvidia GTX 960
WD Blue 1TB (2012)
Corsair VS550 PSU

Do you know your PC temperatures during gaming (CPU, GPU)?

TRENDING THREADS