[SOLVED] Why my pc turn on but no display when I install a GPU?

Sep 30, 2020
My pc turn on with black screen, make this beeps: 00 00000000 and like 2 seconds later make the OK beep. I can't see nothing but I know that it is on windows because of the sound that makes when it pass to the desktop. The gpu fans spin and the letters light up.
(The 0 are the beep sounds, it makes two fast beeps stops one second and make eight fast beeps). When I remove the gpu my pc works normally.

This are my components:
Asrock h55m-le 1156 socket
Intel i3 550
8 gb of ram (2 sticks of 4 gb)
PSU: Azza 650w rgb 80 plus bronze

And the gpu that I'm trying to install is the EVGA GTX 1060 SSC (I know that it will make bottle neck but I'm trying to save money to buy a better mobo and a better cpu)

I tried with one ram, switch slots, I upgrade the bios, downgrade to the first version, I tried with another cpu (i3 540), another PSU, don't ask me if I connect the 8 pin cable to the gpu because obviously I did, I tried with a fresh installation of windows, I tried everything but can't make it work, I need help with this. I know that is possible because I have a friend with an older mobo (socket 775) and he uses it with a RTX2070.

My gpu and psu are in perfect condition, recently I went to a friend's house and tried it there on his pc with my psu and everything run fine.

Last edited:
Solution
Seems the issue is specifically with the motherboard and the card you have. Only real thing you can try here is another card (maybe that 2070 your friend uses). With doing a BIOS upgrade and testing the card and PSU on another system you did a good job with trouble-shooting already, only thing I see left is just simply that card you have does not work with your motherboard model. You may want to hold on to that card till you can upgrade the motherboard also. Keep in mind you will need new RAM also if you move to a modern CPU.
Seems the issue is specifically with the motherboard and the card you have. Only real thing you can try here is another card (maybe that 2070 your friend uses). With doing a BIOS upgrade and testing the card and PSU on another system you did a good job with trouble-shooting already, only thing I see left is just simply that card you have does not work with your motherboard model. You may want to hold on to that card till you can upgrade the motherboard also. Keep in mind you will need new RAM also if you move to a modern CPU.

Solution
Sep 30, 2020

Thank you for the answers. There is a way to know if a motherboard is compatible with my gpu? I'm planning to buy this one Biostar H61MHV2 because I don't have the money to change to ddr4