Question why my pc's gaming performance decrees after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7

May 30, 2019
when i use windows 7 my pc gives me easily 60 -70 fps on every mid end game like gta v but after upgrading to windows 10 it reduced to 10 -20 fps and the graphics doesn't load fast
i tried every way shown on youtube like removing background apps etc.

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
gpu : gt 1030 by innod
ram : 8 gb ddr3

Have you tried pulling your gpu, then reseat it. Restart and see if windows loads in any updates for it? Also have you tried going in to power settings and enabling high performance. Have you tried going in to control panel, system, advanced settings, advanced tab,click on settings in performance box,visual effects box, click on adjust for best performance, then click on advanced tab, make sure processor scheduling is set for best performance of programs, then go down to virtual memory, click on change tab, you can either let it auto manage virtual memory, or you can change it to a higher amount if it isn't keeping up. And you have changed the drivers for your gpu to win10 correct?

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to look for system bottlenecks.

Did you update all of the device drivers to Windows 10 drivers via the applicable manufacturer's websites?

Versus using any native drivers provided by Windows 10.

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure drivers as necessary. Start with the GPU and perhaps your network adapter.

Change only one thing at a time and keep notes in case you need to undo some change that caused another problem or additional problems.

Have you installed the the most recent NVIDIA driver for your GPU? If you do a reinstall of the graphics drivers, check the clean install box in the NVIDIA installer. What make Motherboard? Does it have onboard (OB) graphics? In so pull your GPU and plug in to OB Graphics plug. Check the inside of your case that it is clean of accumulated dust, your CPU and Power supply vent , fans. After any changes do a cold boot. Unplug your computer, press the on button, wait 10 minutes, plug your computer back in and start.

Last edited: