[SOLVED] Why my ram is working at 3200 mhz instead of 3600 mhz on i5-11400f

8kingz

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
I have z590m gaming x mobo , 3600 mhz cl 16 crucial ram, i5-11400f cpu.
The xmp is enabled in bios but i see in cpu z and other programs that it works at 1600(3200mhz) why and how can i make it 3600?
Cpu-z
Task menager

Solution
Hey there,

Your CPU officially supports 3200mhz max speed. However, your mobo can support much higher speeds. It looks as if your mobo isn't picking up the second XMP profile for the DIMMS. Try update your bios to the most recent one and hopefully that will sort the issue.

Otherwise you can try and set the timings manually through the bios. You only need to change the 5 main timings. You can check these through the 'SPD' tab on CPU-z.
Hey there,

Your CPU officially supports 3200mhz max speed. However, your mobo can support much higher speeds. It looks as if your mobo isn't picking up the second XMP profile for the DIMMS. Try update your bios to the most recent one and hopefully that will sort the issue.

Otherwise you can try and set the timings manually through the bios. You only need to change the 5 main timings. You can check these through the 'SPD' tab on CPU-z.

Solution

8kingz

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
Hey there,

Ok so i updated to latest version "F4" and its still same , on the other hand something <Mod Edit> my <Mod Edit> and i had to reinstal windows cuz it wouldnt detect any boot in bios and lost everything on my SSD in the process :(

Last edited by a moderator: