[SOLVED] Why my Ryzen performs so bad?

Dec 11, 2018
I assembled my first PC yesterday and i was ready to play some games. First i downloaded Verdus a game that the Ryzen would play easily (according to the requirements of the game). When i opened the game the frame rate was horrendous, i closed the game and gave to the Graphics 2gb's of ram(i have 8gb dual @3000mhz) after that i opened the game, the frame rate was the same... I knew that the 2400g wasn't for heavy games but i was hopping that i can play at least games like Verdun. One thing to note is that the CPU arrived to me without any protection(bubble rap) from the elements only the courier bag, is possible that the CPU got damaged in transport?

SPECS:
CPU : Ryzen 2400g
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 Gb @ 3000mhz
Cooling : Stock amd Cooler
PSU : Seasonic M12II-520W EVO
WD SSD 120gb
WD HDD 1Tb

Solution
Well as i was taking a closer look to the case i noticed that the 24pin was a bit off so i plunged it in all the way and boom problem solved for now at least xd, i also installed the new optional drivers now i get 38 fps in Verdun lobby and around 30-30 in game plus the CPU usage went from 80% to 10%
What are system details?

Mobo, cooling, memory, PSU, display.

Have you run any benchmarks such as CineBench to see how it compares?

Have you made any adjustments to clock speeds or attempted memory overclocking?

When you say the CPU arrived without protection I assume you mean the CPU in it's clam shell package inside the retail box which itself would be quite good protection. I could be wrong, but haven't seen anyone selling tray CPU's yet so if you got one not in the retail box then you might have a used sample so I hope you were expecting that.

Dec 11, 2018

Mobo : ASRock B450 Gaming K4 (AM4)

No i didnt run any benchmarks.
One more thing i tried FTL a very l light game and my frame rate is crap :((

WildCard999

Titan
While the iGPU for the 2400G is quite good it's still not as good as having a dedicated GPU. To get the most from the system you will want to make sure the memory is running at the correct speed and timings, the CPU/iGPU is overclocked and when gaming your at 720P/Lower settings to keep the FPS above 40-50.

Dec 11, 2018

I wish i was getting 60fps. I mean 1-3 fps average and no all the setting are at low

Mobo : ASRock B450 Gaming K4 (AM4)
WD SSD 120gb
WD HDD 1Tb

Dual channel (and FAST) RAM helps the iGPUs on Ryzen immensely as well.

Dec 11, 2018

I bought athe CPU from a store with very good reviews the CPU package was sealed the only thing lacking was a bubble rap protection im worried because i dont know i the courier company handled the CPU with care. I enabled XMP and set my rams @ 3000mhz i tried to get them to 3200mhz but i couldn't

Dec 11, 2018

Yes i think that i installed the cooler correctly and it came with applied thermal paste. Idle Temps is 36 °Celsius(~96.8 °Fahrenheit) and while in game(Verdun lobby) 70°Celsius (~158 °Fahrenheit). I cant try to re-install the Cooler i have some thermal paste.

Dec 11, 2018
Well as i was taking a closer look to the case i noticed that the 24pin was a bit off so i plunged it in all the way and boom problem solved for now at least xd, i also installed the new optional drivers now i get 38 fps in Verdun lobby and around 30-30 in game plus the CPU usage went from 80% to 10%

Solution

Great to hear!

Installing an updated driver I can understand fixing FPS problems and especially so if the installation fixed a bad prior install. But the 24pin being loose I'd think would cause far worse problems.. like crash or no-booting... and not just poor performance. It would be curious to know just how that can happen.

Enjoy your system