Question Why my screen turns to a random color when I am opening a game?

Sep 2, 2021
Hi guys!

I just bought a new pc (used) and I have a problem with it.

I have tested 3 games and for two of them (Trackmania Nations Forever, Trackmania 2020) I noticed that when I open the game, after a few seconds-half a minute the screen turns to a random solid color (pink, blue, purple, white, green, etc.), freezes and I can't do anything but restart the machine. When this happens, the sound goes away, the mouse and keyboard are not detected, so I always have to restart the PC.

The third game GTA San Andreas runs perfectly. Trackmania Nations Forever is a very low-demand game as well and still doesn't work, so I don't know what the problem is. No problems with high resolution videos and movies on the internet.

What I tried:
  • Updated the operating system
  • Updated the GPU drivers
  • reinstalled (many times) the games
Specification:
  • amd a8-7600
  • 8 GB RAM 1600mhz ddr3
  • 1tb HDD, 240 GB SSD
  • MSI Geforce GTX 1050 2G
Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state where you sourced the games from? As for your system, the specs are incomplete. You will need to state the age of the system(i.e, how long the parts in the case were used) apart from the make and model of your ram, the PSU, the SSD, HDD and the chassis. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? OS you're on?

Speaking of updating your GPU driver, source the latest driver from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot to Safe Mode, then manually install your GPU drivers in an elevated command. By elevated, I mean Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Sep 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state where you sourced the games from? As for your system, the specs are incomplete. You will need to state the age of the system(i.e, how long the parts in the case were used) apart from the make and model of your ram, the PSU, the SSD, HDD and the chassis. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? OS you're on?

Speaking of updating your GPU driver, source the latest driver from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot to Safe Mode, then manually install your GPU drivers in an elevated command. By elevated, I mean Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Hi!

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for the lack of information. Unfortunately I am not an expert in computers. I don't know if this will help, I found these now:
  • BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.50
  • Windows 10 Home (version 21H1)
  • Asrock FM2A88M-HD+ R3.0
  • I don't know where to look for the PSU :(
I already installed the latest driver from the nvidia site.

ASK THE COMMUNITY