Why my screen wont reconize im useing the correct resolution

Are you saying you can't see anything on the screen or you can't set the resolution? What is the monitor model? Do you have the video drivers installed? If you can't see anything on the screen did you test the monitor at another computer and another monitor with yours to rule out a monitor issue?

yayalove

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011

no. i have a multisync LCD 1700V monitor everytime i set my screen resolution on what is recommended a box pop up in the middle of what im doing saying my screen resolution is not correct as if my computer is not recognizing that it is set on what is recommended. yes i do have a video driver install. yes i can see the screem i know for sure it is not the monitor. it just started this when i upgraded to window 7

thanks

Sometimes the driver display software will put a cap on the system resolution settings.

For example, if you have an Nvidia video card, the Nvidia control panel may have a default resolution cap, that is lower than what you have set the W7 display properties to be. If this is the case, you need to check the Nvidia display properties, to make sure they are also set to your desired resolution.

By the way, just wanted to verify that you are setting the resolution to 1280x1024.