[SOLVED] Why my wifi is taking time to connect, then it fails on my android devices with my computer?

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021
Both on my android phone and tablet, Is it because I connect unsafe free wifi network often publicly? Even my computer can't connect, it says (no internet) using tp-link mini or micro USB wifi adapter but my bro laptop and his smartphone connect including my mom's smartphone, it's an 4g lte band 3 router from dlink, all other wifi devices and 4g mobile working fine on my phone and tablet and my computer and I even reset numerous times still connection fails presists

Last edited:
Solution
"It's saying obtaining ip address forever I tired editing the ip addresses it comes to saved network or connected (no internet) I'm pretty sure hackers they accessed my devices and accounts through insecure open wifi public network"

Your device is probably trying to get an IP address from a network that does not exist, is not withing range, or may simply be ignoring your device's request for an ip address.

If hackers have accessed your devices then your devices must be purged accordingly. Reinstall everything as applicable.

"Anything is not secure is vurenable able and malicious "

Vulnerable yes - and open to malicious software - yes.

= = = =

Again: you will need help from whomever manages your home network...

Ralston18

Titan
If you move physically closer to the wireless network's host router will your devices connect faster and remain connected longer?

What make and model mini or micro USB wifi adapter are you using? How old?

The adapters may be able to receive wireless well but their ability to transmit is often weak. And in a busy wireless environment any responses that they send out may be lost in the electronic noise. Plus there may be additional interference from walls, appliances, and the general physical surroundings.

Sometimes a USB extension cable can be used to move and raise a wireless USB adapter up and away from the host device. Doing so may or may not help.

Also before using the android phone or tablet feel the adapter.

Then, after some usage or attempted usage, again (but carefully) feel the adapter. Is the adapter very warm or even hot? If so, that is a sign of a problem wireless USB adapter.

Overall though, if the problem is simply just an inability to connect to your home network then your devices are probably not correctly configured to do so.

Especially if you have made wireless connection/configuration changes in order to use public wireless networks. Or even wireless work networks.

Who has full admin rights to your home router and wireless network?

You will need help from that person to properly configure your Android phone and tablet to be allowed to connect to the home network.

Reactions: TonyMontana18

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021
If you move physically closer to the wireless network's host router will your devices connect faster and remain connected longer?

The adapters may be able to receive wireless well but their ability to transmit is often weak. And in a busy wireless environment any responses that they send out may be lost in the electronic noise. Plus there may be additional interference from walls, appliances, and the general physical surroundings.

Sometimes a USB extension cable can be used to move and raise a wireless USB adapter up and away from the host device. Doing so may or may not help.

Then, after some usage or attempted usage, again (but carefully) feel the adapter. Is the adapter very warm or even hot? If so, that is a sign of a problem wireless USB adapter.

Overall though, if the problem is simply just an inability to connect to your home network then your devices are probably not correctly configured to do so.

Especially if you have made wireless connection/configuration changes in order to use public wireless networks. Or even wireless work networks.

You will need help from that person to properly configure your Android phone and tablet to be allowed to connect to the home network.
It's still not working I tired everything, I think this happens because I'm connecting to insecure open public wifi network when I turn off my devices for a day or couple it will work so it forgets login details I entered in the public wifi network that I accessed to it and I should not access open public wifi again. But secure one like my neighbor

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021

It's saying obtaining ip address forever I tired editing the ip addresses it comes to saved network or connected (no internet) I'm pretty sure hackers they accessed my devices and accounts through insecure open wifi public network

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021

Anything is not secure is vurenable and malicious

Ralston18

Titan
"It's saying obtaining ip address forever I tired editing the ip addresses it comes to saved network or connected (no internet) I'm pretty sure hackers they accessed my devices and accounts through insecure open wifi public network"

Your device is probably trying to get an IP address from a network that does not exist, is not withing range, or may simply be ignoring your device's request for an ip address.

If hackers have accessed your devices then your devices must be purged accordingly. Reinstall everything as applicable.

= = = =

Again: you will need help from whomever manages your home network (hopefully secure) to establish secure connectivity to that home network.

Solution

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021

= = = =

Again: you will need help from whomever manages your home network (hopefully secure) to establish secure connectivity to that home network.
Mmh, Mmh, Mmh Mmh, I'll just turn them off for a day or couple of days then they connect again successfully smooth as bee :)

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021

= = = =

Finally, I solved it by putting these following numbers in wifi static data! :)
IP Address: 192.168.0.20
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.1
Secondary DNS: 1.0.01

Last edited:
That could cause you trouble in the long run. First you need to check the range of IP addresses in the DHCP pool. If the router gives out the same addresses to another device you will get a conflict. If you can't find it then use something like 192.168.0.250. Routers generally give out ip from the bottom and it is unlikely it will get that high.

The second issue you have is now every time you connect to another network you will have to mess with this setting. It is unlikely every network is using 192.168.0.x

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021
That could cause you trouble in the long run. First you need to check the range of IP addresses in the DHCP pool. If the router gives out the same addresses to another device you will get a conflict. If you can't find it then use something like 192.168.0.250. Routers generally give out ip from the bottom and it is unlikely it will get that high.

The second issue you have is now every time you connect to another network you will have to mess with this setting. It is unlikely every network is using 192.168.0.x
Yh, thanks I already solved it lucky before I said it to me in this way :)
IP Address: 192.168.0.20
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.1
Secondary DNS: 1.0.01
My devices where not able to obtain ip address because of the new dlink dr-880 router I brought it I used as an extender I must have brought extender instead buying router using as an extender :)

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021

Zero solved all my problems lol :)

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021

= = = =

Zero have solved all my problems lol :)