WHY o WHY ? ? ? ? ?

GrimReeper

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Why o why cant all of you fanboys ( AMD & Intel ) just DROP this back and forth argument of Intel is better than AMD or AMD is better than Intel. It is starting to get a little childish.

I for one who is an AMD fan has come to term that CONROE is a awesome CPU, however I will not buy it as I am a AMD fan...alwys was and alway will be.

The AMD vs Intel is like Ferrari vs Porsche. Which one do you like more...PERSONEL choice.

Please can we just have some PEACE in the forums and not all this bitching and wineing ? ? ?

THANKS

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Christ how many of these are we going to have?

I concur, no threads are going to get rid of fanboyism, it's there...let it alone...

EDIT: If there wasn't fanboyism, what would we talk about? o_O Think about it...

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
If there was no fanboyism the earth would implode, seriously.

lol I bet it would, there would be a black hole of Celeron D's w/ no L2 Cache that would spew out and warp themselves into each desktop and take over your current CPU.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I'm with you, but the truth is, as long as there's Intel and AMD, there would always be fanboys. It's kind of like groupies of rock and roll band in the '70s. Some are hardcore and stick for life.

One day, when I would be like 50 years old and still reading Tom's and with the same fanboys arguing over the same thing. It would be like 5nm 100 core/50Gb cache Intel HyperGTR cpu -vs- 3nm 85 core/70Gb cache AMD XXX5000 cpu.

Oh, well at least there's something to talk about.

losergamer04

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Why can people not just realize that some procs are better at some tasks than other. AMD is above Intel in the server and desktop relm ATM. Not only are they cool running but preform better in most tasks. Intel does better at mulit-tasking and encoding, but it just gets way too hot and needs a fast (loud) fan to cool it. The lowst AMD dual core keeps up with some of Intle's better. Now, Intel spanks AMD in the mobile market. The Core Duo is one nice proc, especially for a mobile. I think it even keeps up with the P4. I may be an AMD fan, simply beacuse they bacame powerful enough to get Intel off its butt and make a decent proc. The P4 has been out f o r e v e r. AMD is now able to release a 3rd gen, AM2, while the P4 has been out. Just sad on Intel's part. All they did was die shrinks and hypertheading and a socket change. Now AMD is the bad boy beacuse (and it hurts to say this) all it is doing is changeing the memory. The die shrink, next year, is their only chance they have to keep up with Conroe, or that is how it seems after IDF. Take things as they are, people. Being a fan boy is one thing, but do not make false clames. These are the facts, take 'em as they stand.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I'll step up to the plate and begin the healing process; I'll be the first AMD fanboy to hug an Intel fanboy:

((( Ycon )))

^^That's me hugging Ycon, for those that need it spelled out^^

**&#^(&W&$#(&#$#$&** that's me farting on an Intel Fanboy ;). Can you guess who it is? ^_^

If some huge chinese company name Chintel made its own x86 cpus for cheap and started putting Intel AND AMD out of buisness you you be pissed? Why dont we all go out and buy VIA processors instead!!! They compete with products that havnt been on the market in like 5 years!

One of me mates is an AMD fanboy, told him to check out conroe benchmarks and i love his answer "AMD in many ways is still a better processor - its got an Integrated Memory Controller and Hypertransport", now fair enough they help out and scale well but it doesnt make it the better processor - its the same as saying P4's better cause its got hyperthreading, twice the cache and higher clock speeds.

Fanboys need to be educated.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Why can people not just realize that some procs are better at some tasks than other. AMD is above Intel in the server and desktop relm ATM. Not only are they cool running but preform better in most tasks. Intel does better at mulit-tasking and encoding, but it just gets way too hot and needs a fast (loud) fan to cool it. The lowst AMD dual core keeps up with some of Intle's better. Now, Intel spanks AMD in the mobile market. The Core Duo is one nice proc, especially for a mobile. I think it even keeps up with the P4. I may be an AMD fan, simply beacuse they bacame powerful enough to get Intel off its butt and make a decent proc. The P4 has been out f o r e v e r. AMD is now able to release a 3rd gen, AM2, while the P4 has been out. Just sad on Intel's part. All they did was die shrinks and hypertheading and a socket change. Now AMD is the bad boy beacuse (and it hurts to say this) all it is doing is changeing the memory. The die shrink, next year, is their only chance they have to keep up with Conroe, or that is how it seems after IDF. Take things as they are, people. Being a fan boy is one thing, but do not make false clames. These are the facts, take 'em as they stand.

Good point!!!

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I love stupid AMD fanboys, i remember when saying Pentium 4 isnt a good processor and saying you will see the difference in teh world by going AMD for gaming, but then these AMD fanboys are saying you wont notice a difference in gaming by going AMD and or Intel with conroe being greater, so who is the hypocryte? AMD fanboys. So in other words, it wont make a difference going with Intel P4 or AMD, either or will do great at gaming. But you AMD fanboys dissagree. I love it when the fanboys get a smack in the face.

FINALY, im getting a new mobo for my AMD athlon 64 3000+, maybe then it will run all my games smoothly cause then ill be able to hook up my new hard drive!!!

denster

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2005
Maybe I shouldn't get involved in this, and I hope I don't get any bricks chunked at me, but I have to tells em like I sees em. I am using both AMD and INTEL processors and I think they are both excellent products. Of course that is a bit redundant since what else would I use???

-FANBOYISM- Sheesh and double sheesh.... :roll:

Too much politics for me.

Ok thanks for letting me vent :D I really didn't need to comment, truth is, I am only a few short posts away from getting my avatar so I was just trying to fill in :p

OK BACK TO THE RUMBLE