Why Power on Hours not run ?

Nov 13, 2018
I buy a SSD today and use computer 4 hour , but when check , I see Power on Hours of My SSD is 0 hours , even i use 4 hour today , maybe wrong ?

YNrjpbg.jpg

Mar 6, 2019
Hey there. Even though this question is 3 months old, I can still answer it for you. The reason you didn't see any power on hours listed for the drive is because it hadn't updated its records yet. While they advertise that the drives update their SMART information constantly, given that the data for that is stored in little flash chips on the controller board, doing such is completely impractical, and actually risks wearing out that chip if it's done too often. So realistically, if it updates that information once every 4-6 hours, maybe 8 hours, or maybe perhaps at power off (a small capacitor and a power off sensor would be sufficient to provide the drive controller just enough time, and a sufficient warning, to know it has to write that info to the logs from internal controller memory before all power is lost. Plus, four hours in the life of a modern hard drive is really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, so keeping accurate numbers there isn't super high priority. "Close enough" gets the job done so long as the drive is properly monitored for failure. :)

Mar 6, 2019
That's a very good point, fzabkar. I hadn't considered that as a possibility. So yeah, I'm curious what the OP has to say about that. Plus the one hour reporting blocks would make more sense, and fit closely with what I mentioned about the internal flash memory used to record this kinda stuff.