Question Why rx 5500xt 8g card clock speed dances from 0 to 1800 MHz while the temperature doesn't exceed 50°c while gaming?

May 19, 2023
The system I have
I3 12100
2×8g ram 3200 MHz
Asus Rog strix rx 5500xt gaming 8g
600 watt power supply
For CPU
Max temperature 58
Max clock 4.1
Usage 78%

For GPU
Max temperature 48°c
Clock from 0 to 1810 MHz
Usage from 4% to 92%
It happens irregularly but every time i start the PC it happens.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

600 watt power supply
600W is the advertised wattage for the PSU, please add the make and model of the unit as well as it's age if it's been in service for a while.

You should also include the OS you're on and the motherboard's make and model. Please add he BIOS version for your motherboard as well.

Including an image to show your frequency jumps would also help.

In the interim period, I'd try and use DDU and see if removing all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstalling the latest GPU driver off of AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps you out.

May 19, 2023

600 watt power supply
600W is the advertised wattage for the PSU, please add the make and model of the unit as well as it's age if it's been in service for a while.

You should also include the OS you're on and the motherboard's make and model. Please add he BIOS version for your motherboard as well.

In the interim period, I'd try and use DDU and see if removing all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstalling the latest GPU driver off of AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps you out.

600 watt power supply

xigmatek power supply for only 3 months in use
The os windows 10
PRIME B660M-K D4 BIOS 2014

Lutfij

Titan
You have BIOS updates pending, be sure to also update the MEI firmware along the way. Then try with DDU as I've stated above. As for your PSU, you merely stated the brand, we now know the brand and the wattage, what is the model of the unit?

May 19, 2023
You have BIOS updates pending, be sure to also update the MEI firmware along the way. Then try with DDU as I've stated above. As for your PSU, you merely stated the brand, we now know the brand and the wattage, what is the model of the unit?
xigmatek 600 watt 80+ white
The psu comes with the case as a combo.
The pc was working will before updating gpu driver.
Now sometimes works will