[SOLVED] Why showing 120hz if my monitor is 240hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mliebowitz29

Prominent
Oct 30, 2018
I bought the Acer XF250Q and I wanted to use its 240hz potential. But, when I try to change it to 240hz, it will only go to 120hz.

Solution
Its hooked up to a desktop and i have a 2080 and i7 8700k. Its connected with both HDMI and Display port.

And which input is it using when you only see 120 Hz? It's not utilizing them simultaneously; look for some kind of input button on the monitor.

The easiest thing to do is to disconnect the HDMI cable. There's no reason for you to be using it if you have a DP cable, so might as well get an extra thing out of the equation.

DSzymborski

Titan
Its hooked up to a desktop and i have a 2080 and i7 8700k. Its connected with both HDMI and Display port.

And which input is it using when you only see 120 Hz? It's not utilizing them simultaneously; look for some kind of input button on the monitor.

The easiest thing to do is to disconnect the HDMI cable. There's no reason for you to be using it if you have a DP cable, so might as well get an extra thing out of the equation.

Reactions: szehn
Solution
Aug 11, 2020

hey i have the same problem only that i dont have a dsiplay port on my computer, can i also get 240hz with hdmi? and if not how do i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.