Why sometimes i hear rattling from my SSD Crucial Bx 100 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Hello. My case is Centurion Cooler Master 590.
I have only SSD plugged Crucial Bx 100 250 GB by 1 screw.Ssd is hanging in the air by one single screw.
And listen.
This is not my video but it shows exactly the same situation noise with my ssd, look:

http://

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlQEaHIqA44]

I know in video there are HDDs Seagate , but this is exactly situation with my ssd. When i am touching pc case that rattle noise coming from ssd dissapearing. In that area in case i have only ssd installed without hdds. Even case fan is unplugged, so only ssd is left.I dont have any HDD.
Any ideas why my ssd ( not have mechanical moving parts like hdd ) making that rattle noise occasionally?
So its possible to ssd to vibrate? But ssd dont have any moving mechanical parts.
. So why i am hearing sometimes that rattle noise from ssd then ? Yes ssd is hanging in the air by one single screw.

Link:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/200170-noise-hdd-or-ssd/

They said here:""An SSD has no moving parts, so any noise you're hearing is most definitely not from that.""

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

as stated a ssd has no moving parts as its a flash based storage device,its likely that the ssd isnt secured enough,think about it 1 screw holding it up and case fans are vibrating the case which means the ssd is gonna bump up and down,just add another screw the other side and you should be golden,hope this helped :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The ssd is attached to the case. You have a solid case surrounding the guts of the ssd in contact with the frame of the case. You are hearing the noise the 2 solid parts are making because there is a vibration in the case, most likely culprit is the psu fan or the cpu fan if all the other fans/hdd are not functioning. Vibrations from fans are caused by dirt disrupting the balance of the fan or failing bearings. Put something rubber between the ssd and case. If that doesn't solve the immediate issue then the noise is coming from very near there where the frame is screwed/riveted together or loose panel cover etc.

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Any ideas why my ssd ( not have mechanical moving parts like hdd ) making that rattle noise occasionally?

So its possible to ssd to vibrate? But ssd dont have any moving mechanical parts.
. So why i am hearing sometimes that rattle noise from ssd then ?

So propably other component causing to rattle my ssd yes?

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

because the ssd is vibrating against the case metal,its the ssd alone vibrating but the ssd and case metal together,all you need is another screw the other side

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
ITS MOVING FROM THE OUTSIDE BECAUSE ITS NOT SOLIDLY PLACED. SSD GOES LEFT RIGHT BANG BANG TO THE CASE.

You know, a ball has no moving parts on the inside. But the outside moves. An SSD not having moving parts doesn't mean it can hang hang in the air. Best logic ever.

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

to vibrations yes unless secured properly.Susceptible to shocks aswell as is any electronic device on earth.Never heard of a SSD being shocked though.

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Last question dear friends. Why my previous Samsung Evo 850 was not rattling due to vibrations? ( he was plugged with 1 screw too ). But my actually Ssd Crucial 250 GB is rattle sometimes due to vibrations. I cant understand this. Maybe because is screwed in other place in case than Evo 850 was?

Stop asking stupid questions and mount the SSD properly to prevent damage to your PC. We've given you more than enough information to properly resolve this issue and you're arguing with user in the process. If you're requesting assistance from the community take their advice. You can buy a mounting chassis for an SSD online.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997010

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Everything needs to be properly secured inside your PC case.

Something is vibrating from movement, none of us are there to see it we can't tell you what.

In the time It takes you to continually ask these ridiculous questions, you could have put 15 extra screws in everything in your case and ended any sounds you may have.

End of Story.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you have to ask that you should not be around tools or electronics.

Please box up your PC and return it. We won't think any less of you.

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

not sure i could of worded that better myself if i tried,its the truth though,simple common knowledge tbh,couldve asked his mum or dad for this stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.