Why the ATI Radeon gets my vote..

G

Okay, to start off, this isnt an AMD vs INTEL spam, or ATI vs NVIDIA... I'm just giving my honest opinion and review so that people out there can make a choice... *laughs* but its sorta one sided since I dont have a GTS...

Anyway... all of the reviews I've looked at have said that the GTS vs the Radeon 32MB DDR are pretty dang close.. I have to admit, however, that the GTS does outperform the Radeon alot, in most cases the Radeon manages to squeak ahead in 32bit, though... but big deal, 16bit 32bit, pretty dang close, not a deciding factor, right? Right... so we go on... the picture quality!! OH MY GOSH the picture quality... well in reality, not that much difference... sure its a little better but its nothing to go take a [-peep-] over.... so.. Radeon slower in 16, faster in 32, and supposedly a better picture quality (most wont notice)..... okay... so we are pretty much at a draw.... if anything the benefit is leaning towards Geforce II GTS because it has better drivers, more support etc..... but then... da bomb drops...

ATI Radeon LE 32MB DDR- price tag... 82+0 shipping=82
Geforce II GTS 32mb DDR-price tag.. 141+10= 151.....

*does a few math problems*... okay, you can almost get two of the RAdeons for the price of a GTS.... and for how close they compete.. unless you want a BIT more in 16bit graphics... what would you go with???

PS .. LE version does not come with hyper Z enabled... do a search on this forum to find hte registry code *simple*.... it is clocked at 148 (download powerstrip... up it to 183 no prob).... doesnt come with a fan(comes with a bigger heatsink instead, still works well)...

anyway, just my 2 cents...

By the way.. how does this card work on an Abit KT7A Motherboard? Anyone with previous experience? Any problems I might run into? I havnt checked the forums for a few days so I will do some searcehs and see if anything's been posted :) thanks..

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
:cool: Good job dxkj... It's time... the RADEON LE is a great buy $82...

DXKJ you forgot 1 thing...

ATi has the best DVD decoder in the business...

:^)

:cool: First person to get a topic banned. :cool: ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!! :cool: VIA SUCKS !!! :cool: