Question Why the Samsung UNHU8550 UHD 4K TV can't play 4K?

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
I have a Samsung UH75HU8550 UHD 4K Television and it can't stream 4K from Fire Stick, Amazon, Netflix, etc. I called Samsung support and they connected into my TV. I was told that the TV was made in 2014 and they had just started 4K at that time, so the internal system can't keep up with today's apps that provide 4K. Support said that I need to buy the Samsung Evolution box. I said, that's crazy.
Does anyone know if these Evolution boxes solve the problem and let's you stream 4K?

I can't find that model number. Are you sure it's correct?

Anyways, look in the manual to see what ports use HDMI 2.0. Given its age. That TV probably only has one or two ports for 4K connections. The rest being 1080p ports or lower.

Then you'll need to go through the Firestick Settings > Display & Sounds > Video Resolution. To make sure the Firestick is set for 4K output.

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
I can't find that model number. Are you sure it's correct? Yes, it's correct.

I finally took my son's Roku 3920X Premiere and hooked it up and the 4K is finally working. It is buffering a lot though. I guess my wifi isn't strong enough (50 mbps). I tried to even hook the Ethernet cable directly and it still buffered some. It's strange that I'm not getting 200 mbps from the direct connection, when my son's computer gets 200 mbps when connected.
thanks