Why there are FPS drops when entering Novigrad or any other villages in the Witcher 3?

KalashnjukUA

Honorable
Feb 9, 2016
My PC build is the following:
CPU: i7-4790 (4 GHz, 1.064v)
RAM: HyperX DDR3-1600 16384MB (Kit of 2x8192)
HDD: WD 1TB BLUE
SSD: TEAM L5 Lite 120gb
GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI
MB: MSI B85-G43
Monitor: BENQ GW2760HS
Definitely, I realize 4790 is quite an old CPU, but I doubt it's not enough for the Witcher 3. You see, my problem is when entering Novigrad or any other "heavy" location, just like White Orchar or whatsover, I experience some sudden FPS drops, my FPS in Novigrad may drop even to 60-70 from 110. I play this game with V-SYNC turned on ( fully ultra with hairworks x8, but even with hairworks off all the same), hence I definitely feel all these drops immediately.
What shall I do?
I tried to install the game both on SSD and on HDD, the problem hasn't gone though.

Phazoner

Distinguished
I would say that you have some kind of adaptative/dynamic sync active as traditiona V-Sync would just block your FPS to 60 and not be hovering around 110FPS and then activate the limit, the problem may be there. In the cities the CPU has to manage lots of NPCs and stuff and that's why the performance is worse, but if it just goes down and locks to 60FPS from a superior and variable framerate I think that it is just because the adaptative sync thinks it would be better to just lock to 60FPS syncing images and not give you +70FPS with tearing.

KalashnjukUA

Honorable
Feb 9, 2016

Might be, but what if adaptive sync is turned off at the drivers level?