[SOLVED] Why there is no g or p motherboards anymore

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
So i was exploring old motherboards and i saw that there is a motherboard like the p67 or G41 , and i wanted to know why intel stopped making those chipsets The P and the G varients
And the h varient was like a mid range motherboard like the h77 but they are now a Low end motherboards like the h310

Solution
So i was exploring old motherboards and i saw that there is a motherboard like the p67 or G41 , and i wanted to know why intel stopped making those chipsets The P and the G varients
And the h varient was like a mid range motherboard like the h77 but they are now a Low end motherboards like the h310
Marketing. They still do use H, B, Q, and Z for example in the 370 lineup: Z370, H310, B360, B365, H370, Q370, Z390. Over just ten years they have had so many chipset/socket combos that it makes me dizzy.

RealBeast

Titan
Marketing. They still do use H, B, Q, and Z for example in the 370 lineup: Z370, H310, B360, B365, H370, Q370, Z390. Over just ten years they have had so many chipset/socket combos that it makes me dizzy.

Solution

RealBeast

Titan
aha but weird that the p67 had the ability of overclocking like it is the only p motherboard to have the ability of overclocking
Funny that you pick the P67, which had the SATA bug. I had one and never had an issue, and have built boxes using most of their chipsets/sockets since 2010, before that I stuck to a more limited set of builds.

The overclocking models are usually designated as Z now, assuming that you get a K CPU. I remember my best Intel overclock ever out of the box: a Pentium II 300 that clocked and ran stable at 450 for years.

There is an interesting Wiki page HERE that has the long history and details on each of the chipsets.

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
Funny that you pick the P67, which had the SATA bug. I had one and never had an issue, and have built boxes using most of their chipsets/sockets since 2010, before that I stuck to a more limited set of builds.

The overclocking models are usually designated as Z now, assuming that you get a K CPU. I remember my best Intel overclock ever out of the box: a Pentium II 300 that clocked and ran stable at 450 for years.

There is an interesting Wiki page HERE that has the long history and details on each of the chipsets.
actually i heard that the best ivy and sandy bridge overclocks have been made on a p67