[SOLVED] Why there isn't any Play Station's OS out there on internet

Solution
Can't we do something with configuration files? As far as I know, there have been many software on PC's which fool it in thinking of some other hardware. Is there OS so secure?
The first hurdle is the image you get from Sony is probably encrypted. Or at least there's something in there so that a casual user can't poke around in. The second is that the OS is very likely expecting something in the PlayStation hardware itself and won't boot without it. Unless you know what that thing is, no VM or actual PC hardware is going to make it work. It's the same reason why a standard version of x86 Linux won't boot on a PS4; the PS4 lacks hardware that the Linux distro is expecting.

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
It is on the internet, sony themselves have it on their webpage for you to download, it's the update.pup files. As already said it's useless for anybody because it only runs on PS.
Can't we do something with configuration files? As far as I know, there have been many software on PC's which fool it in thinking of some other hardware. Is there OS so secure?

The first hurdle is the image you get from Sony is probably encrypted. Or at least there's something in there so that a casual user can't poke around in. The second is that the OS is very likely expecting something in the PlayStation hardware itself and won't boot without it. Unless you know what that thing is, no VM or actual PC hardware is going to make it work. It's the same reason why a standard version of x86 Linux won't boot on a PS4; the PS4 lacks hardware that the Linux distro is expecting.

Solution