[SOLVED] Why there's less or no led panels in 2k monitors?

Akshay_38

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
Asking out of my curiosity , i was searching for gaming monitors ,criteria 144hz refresh rate and 1440p resolution , i was surprised why i am seeing only IPS displays or TN or VA panels , why there are no displays in 2k that has a 144 hz in LED/OLED panels , while in 1080p you can get 144hz+ with All types of panels IPS/OLED/LED etc.
PS : if you know any monitors that are pure LED or OLED panel monitors with 144hz at 2k then please suggest one.

There are no pure LED displays because that technology hasn't been developed into a form that's affordable to the masses.

There are some OLED monitors, but they're stupid expensive because they're aimed towards the professional market. Dell makes a gaming OLED monitor that's basically a 4K 120Hz OLED TV in a monitor package, but it's also 55"

Reactions: Akshay_38

Akshay_38

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
There are no pure LED displays because that technology hasn't been developed into a form that's affordable to the masses.

There are some OLED monitors, but they're stupid expensive because they're aimed towards the professional market. Dell makes a gaming OLED monitor that's basically a 4K 120Hz OLED TV in a monitor package, but it's also 55"
[/QUOTE
Yeah ok the pure LED not exists but still i wanna ask why its hard to make in 2k , like we get led panels in 1080p , we get led panels in 4k , but why is that's the case in 2k only?